Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45
Hi Pool Friends!

We just replaced our liner!!! (We did it - it’s holding water!!! Lol!)

We used our well water hose to fill up a little at the bottom (about 6-8”) before the city water arrived and realized later that this was probably a mistake. We even used a filter on our hose!!!!! By last night our expensive pool water was dark brown💩. We ran the filter as usual and by lunchtime today, the water is clear and teal green. (We can see the bottom.) We vacuumed and backwashed to waste and it was sooo brown! So that’s good!!!!!

After work today we are going to install our NEW SWG - we have never had one before. I’m so excited!

My water is testing:
FC - 0
pH - 8.2 at least
TA - 80
CYA - 0

Should I work on bringing the CYA up first or the pH down first? And I am doing this before hooking up the SWG?? I am seeing that the water should be balanced before running it..?

Also - I’m worried there is still iron in the water. Is there a test that I should get for this - just to have on hand? Or just wait until we add chlorine and it turns brown? 😞

Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_1357.jpeg
    IMG_1357.jpeg
    628.2 KB · Views: 4
Here is a good article to help you deal with the iron...

Bring your pH down with Muriatic acid. Reduce it in .4 increments until you get to 7.6.

Same time, if you like, add 30ppm of CYA in a sock and hang in front of a return, carrot style.

Chlorinate the pool immediately when the sock hits the pool for 30CYA using this link-->FC/CYA Levels

Reactions: Salbailey
To not deal with the iron (Time and $$$), you might consider replacing the water entirely with City water.
Yes! We learned our lessons in the past so we only top off or fill with a filter or with the poly-filled bucket… We couldn’t believe how bad our water was this time!!!! (And why we went ahead and ordered water obviously!)

Reactions: PoolStored