What SWG should I get for my intex 15x48?

Slippery

Jul 15, 2018
Portland or
The pool is still in the box and will be set up in about a month and run until the end of September/Early october. Here's the pump it came with: https://www.intexcorp.com/products/...al-clear-sand-filter-pump-110-120v-with-gfci/

We plan to use it daily after school.

I'm looking for a good value. I have zero experience with SWG but I'm a good learner.

We will be using 5 4x10 solar panels with the pool pipes with 1.5inch PVC

Slip,

Congrats on your new pool! Any brand will work. Just make sure it is sized per TFP recommendation of 2x the size required for your pool. So you'd want one around a 9000 gal pool like the T-9. This will give you better cell life. If you plan automation there are some advantages to go with that company's brand. For generic a lot of us are very happy with Circupool. Suggest you read the sections in Pool School related to SWG. There is a good comparison chart for most major brands here.

Good luck and please do keep is posted with progress and any questions.

Chris

Thanks. The intex for a 15000 pool is only $139 on Amazon. Nothing else comes close to that price and I’m pretty sure it will be plug and play and have the same size fittings.

Is there any reason why I should spend 3-5 times that for a different unit?

I can’t find anything on the intex one in the forums or what the difference might be.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.