What size heat pump for spill over spa?

Hi All- My 20 year old heat pump finally died on me. I have a 24k gal pool with a spill over spa. In the 8 years I have had the house we only ever used the heat pump to heat up the spa. As this heat pump is larger and intended to heat the pool, what size heat pump would be good for a spill over spa? I am in NJ and use the pool/spa from May-Sep.

Thanks!

Matt

How many BTUs is your current heater?

How long does it take your current heater to heat your spa?

How much longer are you willing to wait for the spa to get to temperature?

Will have to see if I can find out but not sure there is anything on there that indicates the size.

So what you are saying is that if this heater is 80k btu (hypothetically) and takes 30 mins to heat up my spa, then a 20k btu would take quite a while longer than that? Makes sense though was hoping I could go with a much smaller size and reduce my cost.

It should be on the data plates on your HP.

A 20K BTU HP will take four times as long to heat as a 80K BTU heater. Time to heat is directly proportional to BTUs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.