What setting on Filter while vacuuming

Mine did the same for a while. Shock levels had to be kept up until 1. Overnight chlorine loss was less than 1 ppm. 2. The water was completely clear. 3. Combined chlorine was 0 ppm. Use search and find the instructions on how to properly shock the pool into submission is what I did and I followed all the directions. I also follora few more tips like turning a return nozzle down in the deep end and not backwashing till my pressure gage went up 8 to 10 psi over the first recorded amount after a backwash. I added DE. As well and it made things go a lot faster. Hope this helps. They told me to be willing to wait on the process so I trusted them and it works! With best regards. Vsat88.

If you follow the methods taught here, it probably won't be an every year thing. There are many here that haven't had to go through the shock process for many years.

You just have to make a schedule of how often what tests need to be done to YOUR pool, as every pool has it's own "personality".

Experience will show you how your pool behaves. Just keep a log of your tests and doses, and you with soon know your pool.

FC according to the FC/CYA chart in Pool School. Keep an eye on your pH and FC/CC daily.

TA and CH once a week for the first couple of months.

CYA once a month just to know that it isn't going anywhere.

Once you understand the dichloro and trichloro relation to your "big three" (FC, pH, CYA) you will be able to use that when you aren't able to test daily, if you use them at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.