What services are generally covered by what subcontractors?

JPRS51

Bronze Supporter
Jan 10, 2019
Pomona, CA
Working on an OB pool renovation on an older plaster in-ground and would like to better understand service groupings of subcontractors. Would love input on what others have experienced in regards to combined services.

An example would be, are plumbers responsible for installing fittings and such after the pool finish is completed?

Is it best practice to ask Subs what services they offer?

Liner installers install the white goods inside the pool, faceplates etc..

OB a liner pool is rare, 1 crew generally knocks off an install in a week from dig to completion.

Sorry, I guess I was not clear and went back and edited my original post. Looking at Subcontractors related to in-ground plaster pools.

Thanks for the reply though!

Working on an OB pool renovation on an older plaster in-ground and would like to better understand service groupings of subcontractors. Would love input on what others have experienced in regards to combined services.

An example would be, are plumbers responsible for installing fittings and such after the pool finish is completed?

Is it best practice to ask Subs what services they offer?

My best advise is to just ask. No one is going to give you hard time asking them to define their scope. My plaster crew provided all the return fittings for my pool, but I only found that out by asking them (albeit after they had done the plaster while we were waiting for it to fill). Most of these guys are used to working for builders they have been doing business with for years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.