What percentage for SWG?

Hey mguzzy,
Not trying to hijack this thread but I just got a new pump and he recommended running 24 hours a day (instead of my usual 9 hours), so i'm trying to determine what to set my % at to keep my FC level. I'm looking at the poolMath app now and I see where you can get a suggestion for % to use if you need to raise your FC (for instance If have my free at 4.5, my target at 5, and my pump run hours at 24 and it says to run for 24 hours with 9%).

But if we are looking to keep it at a steady FC amount, is there a way to do that with the app?

But if we are looking to keep it at a steady FC amount, is there a way to do that with the app?
Figure you will be losing 3 to 4 ppm per day. So assume 3.5 ppm per day and in PoolMath play around with the pump time and % to achieve the 3.5 ppm. Run your pump and SWG with these setting then monitor you actually FC making adjustments from there. Once you get it dialed in you will not have make to adjustments that often.

Oddly, I have been running my SWG at 70% for 9 hours a day and it has kept my FC steady. I just tried putting things in the app (0 current, 3.5 target) with the 24 hour run time and it says I should run it at 66% to get that much chlorine. That doesn't seem to add up.

So for instance set my current FC to 0, set my target to 3.5, and use that suggested %, making any adjustments as needed? That makes sense, I just didn't know there was a '3-4 ppm' loss to use as my baseline.
When determining runtime and SWG % I prefer to use the "Effects of Adding" section of PoolMath. This way I don't need to change my actual current FC.
Oddly, I have been running my SWG at 70% for 9 hours a day and it has kept my FC steady. I just tried putting things in the app (0 current, 3.5 target) with the 24 hour run time and it says I should run it at 66% to get that much chlorine. That doesn't seem to add up
Assuming that you have a T15 and using your pool size, 9 hr run time and 70% SWG setting that means that you are producing 1.4 ppm FC per day. Looks like you are doing a lot better than the normal 3 to 4 ppm per day lose. So if you are confident that that lost is correct, then use 1.4 ppm to get your runtime and % setting .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.