What Pentair HP and sand filter size do I need for this pool plan?

geekox86

Feb 13, 2021
Saudi Arabia
Greetings all,

I am planning to build an outdoor pool in the middle east (i.e. hot and harsh weather).
The pool total volume is ~45000 Liters. It consists of a long section with a shallow side where both pour water via a short waterfall (0.35m) into the overflow section as shown in the picture and attached PDF below.
The overflow channel is U-shaped around the overflow section with a total length of 8m by 0.4m wide by ~0.5m deep (total volume of ~1600 Liters).
The overflow balance tank will be located underground (tank floor is -1m to -2m) in the Yellow area, which is ~7m away from the pump/filter room in the Green area, with a no/minimal elevation difference of 0.2m (ceiling of the tank to the floor of the room).
The pump and sand filter will be Pentair. The plumbing is either 2" or 2.5" CPVC.

What horsepower do I need for my pump? Single, multiple, or variable speed?
What sand filter size do you recommend?

Does it make sense if my pool contractor recommended 2 Pentair pumps (3HP each with a single 36" sand filter): one for filtration and another for the return? Why?

Bounce question: is it possible to connect a 5m long by 2.7m high smooth waterfall, which is ~5m away from the pool and ~9m away from the pump room, to the pool system? How?

Thank you all in advance!
Pool Consultancy.png

Regards,

Mohannad

Attachments

• Pool Consultancy.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.