What option do you pick for aquabright coating on pool math?

Sdonaldson327

Bronze Supporter
Aug 4, 2017
Knoxville
Hello everyone.

I am having my pool coated with aquabrite next week. This is a concrete with plaster pool that will have the coating applied on top of the plaster.

Should I continue to choose the plaster option for pool math or pick a different option?

As always, thanks for your time and knowledge.

I’m not sure I follow what you’re saying. For pool math I have the option to choose that my pool is either plaster, vinyl, or fiberglass. Since the aquabrite coating is an inert coating should I continue to say that my pool is plaster or pick one of the other options to calculate my proper levels on the pool math?

Oops, I misread that. Thought you were looking for what should go under the aquabright.

Choosing either vinyl or plaster in Poolmath is fine. Vinyl is a little more forgiving on CH level, which is fine. I would go with vinyl.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

I am having my pool coated with aquabrite next week. This is a concrete with plaster pool that will have the coating applied on top of the plaster.

Should I continue to choose the plaster option for pool math or pick a different option?

As always, thanks for your time and knowledge.

How did the Aquabright work out, and how's it holding up??? I'm looking into pool resurfacing myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.