------------------------------------------
Test Results 07-13-2019 @ 10:06 AM
Free Chlorine: 0.8
pH: 7.2
Total Alkalinity: 60
CYA: 0

OK so I kind of sort of feel like I might be on my way my water is blue, I have a little free chlorine my pH is good my total total alkalinity is good my CYA was brought up to 30 with 3 gallons of liquid stabilizer. I retested with my fancy new kit. I’m going to slowly continue to add liquid chlorine throughout the day testing periodically to ensure that my CY a is holding and that my chlorine level is coming up.

When I was at Leslie’s this morning buying liquid stabilizer and I told him I was going to get my CY8 to 30 he stated that the minimum standard is 70 that it should be between 70 and 100. Or I’m going to have to continue to dump tons and tons of chlorine in the pool I tried to explain to him the process that I am learning and he told me I was just wrong. That was after I listen to him tell a family whose alkalinity was low yesterday soHe had them add soda ash and recheck it today and now the pH is high so now he sold the miratic acid

he stated that the minimum standard is 70 that it should be between 70 and 100.
Another reason we avoid pool store advice. That's sooooooo wrong. Now that you have a good test kit, you have 3 main concerns right now:
1 - Validate CYA is at 30 - DONE; you should not need to test that again for a couple weeks at least.
2 - Adjust pH to 7.2 in case a SLAM is warranted. We'll see how that goes.
3 - Maintain a better FC level. That IS a priority.

Don't worry about TA or CH right now.

It's important that you get the FC up to about 5-6 right away. Summer heat and low FC equal algae quickly. Don't be shy.... within reason. Use the PoolMath (or APP) to ensure you are using the right amounts. For example, PoolMath tells me a 33K pool needs 1.5 gallons of 10% bleach to increase FC by 5 ppm. So if your FC is close to zero now, you need to add 1.5-2 gallons right away. Check again later today if needed, certainly again this evening since your water was showing signs of cloudiness.

Make sure you are testing FC as follows: 10 ML water sample with one generous scoop of powder. Mix and add drops until clear. Take the number of drops and divide in half. i.e. 16 drops equals an FC of 8.

I merged today's post with your existing thread to keep everything together. Let me know how things go as the day progresses.

So at sunset last night or roughly I added one and a half gallons of bleach 10% and checked my free chlorine this morning and I’m at three, should I go ahead and add an additional gallon to try to push it to the 5 to 6 my water is slightly cloudy

So doing pool math said to raise my chlorine level on my free chlorine level to five I would need to add one more gallon of 10% bleach which I did this morning and I’ll test again in a little bit I guess one of the good things to note is I did not lose the chlorine I put in overnight, so is the cloudiness a result of the sorbic acid treatment that I did previously or is it still something in there that the chlorine needs to kill. The only other thing I have done this morning as I have turned on my AutoVac because I see a few leaves in the floor of my pool And I do have several oak trees in the area and we had some Highwinds, next week we are expected to have near record high humidity and high heat with he values in the hundreds so I would like to try to stay on top of this before we get that kind of heat that just tries to eat up anything I put in. I hate feeling as if I am feeding the drain so to speak by dumping stuff in and getting no results I know it takes time to build patients has never been my middle name.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.