What next? My pool is still green....

Thanks for helping me to understand all of this and figure out where I went wrong!

One last ? and I think I'm ready.....since my PH is high right now because I've been keeping it at shock level should I try to get it down some before I start the process again or just worry about it when my water is cleared up?

Again thanks for all of the help!

I would drain enough to reach about 30ppm of CYA, fill it back up, test the CYA, pH, and FC, adjust pH as needed and proceed from there. You won't lose much ground over the time it takes to fill the pool, and you don't want the pool at slam levels when you cannot circulate the water. Once the pool is full and you have tested the CYA level, you should not have to test it again unless you add more CYA through dichlor/trichlor based "shocks" and pucks, or when there has been significant water dilution due to prolonged rains.

Did the drain last night and it's almost ready to have the pump turned back on.

Just tested and results are:

FC: 5
CC: 0
PH: 7.6
TA: 90
CYA: 35

Do I need to adjust anything before I start the SLAM over or can I get started now and make necessary adjustments when I'm finished?
So glad to be on the right track now!

Edit: I guess I'm heading to the store for a lot more bleach than I have now!! I need about 30 more gallons......

So after doing a 60% drain and refill to get my CYA down to 35 and starting the SLAM again last night, I am finally seeing progress!

I would really like to thank everyone for all the advice and help given the last week, I was really lost! Definitely becoming a supporter of this site ASAP.

Here are the most recent pictures and I will continue to post my progress.

Attachments

• green6.jpg
    green6.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 22
  • green7.jpg
    green7.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 22
My water this morning...not crystal clear but not green!!

Now I need help again. I have to leave the pool unattended all day tomorrow and most of Sunday. The night after refilling our pool we got a lot of rain (running out of skimmer) and I've backwashed 3 times so I know I've lost some more stabilizer. Will it be ok to put a chlorine tab in my floater just until Sunday afternoon and then I will start the SLAM again?

Thanks!

Attachments

• green8.jpg
    green8.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 14
Sounds like a plan. If you need stabilizer and need chlorine, a floater is a good plan. I used a floater during my vacation.

I ended up using the 40K recommendations as opposed to the 10K as it didn't make enough FC each day using the 10K in my 10K pool. I used it for a week before my trip so I could get it releasing the correct FC each day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.