What kind of light is this?

elychko

May 6, 2021
New Jersey
Hello Everyone!
I need to replace a pool light and trying to figure out what kind of light will fit my pool. What is installed right now is not working. Considering to buy Pentair Intellibrite 5g.
The light I have now is pretty strange: half filled with water and I'm not sure what type of light is installed there, see picture.
Question is: is it safe to unscrew the cover, pull the light and cord out and install Intellibrite 5G and why the light is half filled with water?

Attachments

• Light.png
    Light.png
    331.3 KB · Views: 7
Hello Everyone!
I need to replace a pool light and trying to figure out what kind of light will fit my pool. What is installed right now is not working. Considering to buy Pentair Intellibrite 5g.
The light I have now is pretty strange: half filled with water and I'm not sure what type of light is installed there, see picture.
Question is: is it safe to unscrew the cover, pull the light and cord out and install Intellibrite 5G and why the light is half filled with water?
The light should be on a breaker as well as a GFCI. So you can turn the breaker off to kill all power to the light. It appears you have a busted seal on the fixture. The fixture can be unscrewed from the wall and there should be sufficient length of wire in the housing to place the whole light fixture on the coping where you can inspect it. It may only need a new seal and a new light bulb. You will know more when you get it on the deck.

If you wish to replace the light fixture, you will most likely need to pull the wire through the conduit where it connects at the equipment pad. That can be easy or it can be a very challenging project depending on how long the light has been there, how far is the light from the equipment pad, etc.. You want to pull a guide wire with it so you can pull the new wire (for the new Pentair light) back to the equipment pad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.