What is your VS pump schedule?

alosito

Jun 24, 2019
Simi Valley, CA
Guys, what is your pump running schedule? I had a pool guy clean my DC filter today, and he told me that I should run the pump daily for four hours at a high speed (~3200 rpm) and for four hours a low speed (~1500 rpm). He said the standard math is one hour of running time per day for every 10 degrees. So if it is 80 degrees outside right now, it should be eight hours of running time split between the highest and the lowest speeds. I have been running my pump only for a couple of hours at night at 1500 rpm when I add liquid chlorine. Has I been doing it all wrong?

Don't understand splitting between. High and low ... Most vs pump use about 6x as much power at max rpm as at half Max... I would base my run time on return flow to keep leaves moving, water clarity and power use.

I never run my main pump at max. I run the others at max sometimes but they run maybe once a week ...

I have 2 times. Summer time and winter time. I choose the 24/7 low Rpm method with my SWG, But 1200 rpms moves the water plenty in my pool. I could probably get away with 4-6 hours a day as long as it wasn’t pollen season. 15 mins of max RPM is usually enough to clear the surface of any pool. Most of whatever already sank isn’t coming back up either way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.