What is this sound, rocks?

I tried to start up my heater, it worked fine, but sounded terrible! Almost like it was full of rocks, that would rattle all the lines and then the heater would shut off. The hot tub eventually came to temperature after some time, but curious as to what could be causing this?

I’ve attached a shirt video of the sound, if anyone could assist. This is for a Pentair master temp.

The rattling is from water boiling in the heater. You probably have low water flow.

What model filter do you have?

When was your filter last cleaned?

What is the filter PSI?

What model pump?

Low internal water flow could also be caused by a bad thermal regulator or bypass valve.

Reactions: RDspaguy
The rattling is from water boiling in the heater. You probably have low water flow.

What model filter do you have?

When was your filter last cleaned?

What is the filter PSI?

What model pump?

Low internal water flow could also be caused by a bad thermal regulator or bypass valve.

++1

Mine did that as well, but I discovered it was chunks of heat exchanger being pushed through the lines.

Last edited:
Guys i think you are right, but to answer your question.

- Its been 8 months since i cleaned the filter; i cleaned everything last night, and i see my water flow has increased significantly.
- Here are my settings.
Pool Filter Only: 3000 RPM
Pool Heater: 3200 RPM
Vaccum: 3050 RPM
Hot Tub: 3450 RPM

Its been raining for a few days here, so i will test the Heater again and get back to everyone. I'm sure you are all on the edge of your seats :)

Thanks for your help

Reactions: bradgray
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.