What is this module?

There is NO value to them.
Just think about how can some magnets in/around the water to all the things they are claiming?
Bottom line, they can't.

I would not pay $10 to add it to my system and CERTAINLY not $145.

You have plenty of room, just cut it out, add some pipe and 2 couplers and call it a day ... less that $5 in parts.

I amy be "dumb" but if you have clear water, with no algae or organics (due to being a BBB pool) what effect does a magnet have on the water?

ie "high gauss rare earth magnets to flocculate the water molecules"

website claim said:
The Lectro-Pure’s magnetic effects reduces the water’s surface tension, lessens the amount of chlorine necessary and can actually make the water look, feel and even smell cleaner — which makes people think the water has been softened.

Seems like the only one getting "flocced" is the purchaser.

People have been getting duped for thousands of years on the "magical properties" of magnets. Remember when arthritis was cured by magnetic bracelets in the 90's? Me neither, but someone made a whole bunch of money selling that promise.

Replace it with a straight pipe as per jblizzle's suggestion.

Via e-mail I invited their representative to come have a look at our discussion. Maybe he will present his side.

His name is Tom Baumstark of BuenoVerde/Lectro-Pure Products

When I did clean my filter yesterday there was a ton of white flaky material in the filter... is that scaling???

Thanks,
Bob

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.