What is this brownish dust at the bottom of my clear pool?

Atormin

Jun 19, 2022
Memphis, TN
I eliminated the thin brown dust in my pool. What I had was not algae but possibly dead algae, pólen or dust.
Instead of vacuum to waste using the regular vacuum head that disperses the algae instead of sucking I just used the actual hose white end tied to the pole. I positioned it in an angle so I could see the algae being sucked. It took three times to clean everything but it worked.

Attachments

• B8F9BEAD-FE28-4A23-9AAE-DB08AF0A153C.jpeg
    B8F9BEAD-FE28-4A23-9AAE-DB08AF0A153C.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of nice pics of your handsome family, but the one of the pool doesnt really show the brown. If it poofs when you brush it, it’s almost definitely dying algae.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: I only see one pic and I don't see any brown. But you do mention algae and trying to vacuum it up. So be advised the algae is probably still alive and well in the pool somewhere. Algae doesn't just go away by vacuuming. To kill and remove algae you should follow the SLAM Process. Be sure to use your own TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit to help you with the SLAM Process and let us know if you have any questions. Also visit our Pool Care Basics page for more great info.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.