What is the best pure bleach at walmart?

minister1534

Silver Supporter
Apr 6, 2015
Portales, NM
Small town, so Walmart is only real option. They have already stopped stocking Pool essential liquid chlorine to make room for what I can only assume will be Christmas trees, so I will need to get bleach for the rest of my season. It has been a few years since I have bought bleach, and the last time I did it seemed it was getting harder to find anything that didn't have added chemicals such as Colormax, etc.

So...any suggestions on the best pure bleach to get at walmart.

Thanks.

You have a hardware store that might carry it and also a Family Dollar. Dollar store bleach is always the weaker 6% but hey !! For $1 ??? Lol.

You can also get crafty and see if there are any commercial cleaning suppliers that sell it on the side. Or ask any large cleaning business where they get theirs because they use it year round.

I'll give Ace a try, but back to my original question, is there a recommended bleach that I can get at walmart without extra additives? It is getting harder to tell what what has extras and what doesn't, so I thought maybe someone on here has a go to bleach from there.

That is why I did not answer your question to start with, who knows. They seem to have regional types. You just need to go check. If it says Fabric Protection or whatever, that is essentially Cloromax.

Most of the time the plain ones say disinfecting bleach. But check the % concentration. If they do not have a % on the bottle, they are 3% or less.

I found this today for $4.96 / 121 oz. However, does anyone know if this contains Fabric Protection technology. I can't find it anywhere on the bottle or the website? 7.5%. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2713.jpg
    IMG_2713.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Mdragger88
I have used that 7.5% great value bleach previously with no issues. I should put the caveat on there that I only used a couple of gallons of it.

--Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I used to go for the “cleaning” bleach @ dollar general/Walmart when the pool essentials ran out but then they only started stocking lemon flavored 🍋 😩

Set up an account and just have regular delivery from WalMart. I already wharehouse 6.5% for my septic system, so I pay a little more than WalMart from Amazon, but a case comes to the door without me having to worry about stock.

Another thing to try, call the local pool supply place. I get mine bulk from there, about $0.60L I have a couple of 20L jugs, get them filled at the start of the season for $24 and maybe I get them filled again later in the season..... Last year I dumped in one at the start of the season, then used 2 for the season. It cost me almost as much for testing the chlorine as it did for the chlorine..... That pool is really good though, other then the Chlorine, I think I put in a couple of cups of MA through the season..... Drop a quarter into the deep end, mid-season look over the side and you could tell head or tails.....

As of the last week or so, the Walmart website lists the Pool Essentials 10% bleach/chlorine as not available. I'm assuming it's seasonal and I need to find a new source?
What are y'all using now? There must be somewhere to buy liquid chlorine at a reasonable price online.

rant: I last had a pool 6 years ago and finding bleach was no problem - grocery store, target, walmart, hardware store etc. Now they all seem to only stock the stuff with additives. Had I know when I put a pool in this year that it would be so difficult I'd have added a SWG. So dang frustrating.

As of the last week or so, the Walmart website lists the Pool Essentials 10% bleach/chlorine as not available. I'm assuming it's seasonal and I need to find a new source?
What are y'all using now? There must be somewhere to buy liquid chlorine at a reasonable price online.

rant: I last had a pool 6 years ago and finding bleach was no problem - grocery store, target, walmart, hardware store etc. Now they all seem to only stock the stuff with additives. Had I know when I put a pool in this year that it would be so difficult I'd have added a SWG. So dang frustrating.
Look for a HASA distributor

Probably will be closer to 12% too so it won’t take as much. It’s generally stronger there & less $$/gal.
I have a place near me that does the 2.5 gal refillable jugs - its great, cheaper, & always fresh.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.