What is everyone's occupation/profession?

Another teacher here! Started out as a K teacher. Graduated to 1st grade for a few years (haha!) and now I'm heading back to K in the fall. Oh, the joys of the little ones. Previous job was EMT. LOVED it but it didn't pay squat. I actually got a raise to go back to teaching, imagine that.

Cheers to my fellow teachers out there... enjoy your much deserved summer! :cheers:

I started out as an engineer. Quickly discovering I wasn't very good I got into sales & marketing. :-D 13 years ago I retired from an executive position in a telecom firm.

Since then I've consulted in the telecom industry, managed our rental properties, worked as an investor/advisor for a couple start ups and most recently building a new house.

The DW has a Phd in "Teddy Roosevelt" - CHARGE! :eek:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
According to my college degrees, I am a Civil / Environmental engineer - which I was for a while - mainly earthworks construction, test borings, monitoring wells, site surveys, that sort of stuff - playing in the dirt.

Then somehow I ended up with the NY State Department of Public service setting rates for electric, gas and water utilities.

Now I am working in telecomm (for the last 16 years or so). My title is "Senior Engineer" for one of the largest telecommunications companies in the US. But I seem to do a lot of accounting and project management there as well.

-dave

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.