What is everyone's occupation/profession?

I like these types of threads. I've been in IT for over 20 years and am currently in an IT support role for a large corporation. My wife is a stay home mom. Homeschooling rocks although mine are now all in private high school with the oldest starting college.

I have been a graphic designer for over 10 years now. Everything from television news graphics to web graphics, print, vehicle wrap designs, billboards, logos, the list goes on! The wifey has been an RN for just over a year, she has been a nurse for about 5 years now.

I manage an Insurance Premium Finance Company. My family has owned our commercial insurance wholesaling agency for 51 years. Trying to learn everything so Pops can spend more time on the golf course and less time bothering me at work! Wife works at our church doing mothers day out. But we are expecting a baby this week so that will be ending for a while!

By day I am in the IT field with one of the largest healthcare companies in the US. Application Coordinator for Epic Hospital Billing software. :cool:

By night I am a writer (one book published), fly tying and fishing fool, and wannabe guitar god... :wink:

My wife is an RN with the same healthcare organization at the local hospital. :thequeen:

257WbyMag said:
I can get an IV on anybody. :mrgreen:

You and my BH should compare notes... That's her niche wherever she has worked. They even let her draw my blood for labs after two people took six failed attempts... She did it first time!!! :whoot:

I answered in the other thread but since then I've hopped feilds! :mrgreen:

I've worked in health care for 12 years taking care of the elderly and disabled. It is a very rewarding job even if the pay sucks at times and believe me, the pay can be a pitfall. I like to say that The BIG MAN will pay me when it's time. :-D

I've now ventured into security. I am currently working at a Dock that loads barges and transports coal. I love it. My ultimate goal has been corrections for the last 4 years. That has been the longest time I've ever waited for a job and I haven't given up hope of getting in and doing my 20 8 hours at a time.

My wonderful <new> husband :mrgreen: (I just got married!!!) :party: is a corrections officer. :cool:

I was the owner of Hurricane Window and Door business. After 12 fairly good years, I was forced to take on a new trade. I'm now in the process of growing a leak detection & repair business and quickly moving into sales. (Beadcrete, PebbleTec)
I'm located in South Florida.

Note: I found this site recently scouring Google for a solution to wiring issue on a new install and I'm a bit upset I didn't find this place sooner. The amount of information and the outpour of community activity amazes me. Its good to see forums (bulletin boards for ye ol skoolers) still work.

Thank you all.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am an IT Director for large health system in Central PA. My area of expertise is PC, Server, eMail and customer support for 18,000 PCs, 2200 Servers and 14,000 users. My new is almost complete and hope it brings my wife and I some relaxation in this coming spring. Oh... We have two boys in college (18 and 20) and a 10 year old golden.

Thanks for the great forum and feedback!

I own a working cattle ranch and oddly enough I own a pool service business also. Yes I am a pool boy.....
Most of my customers find it amusing that I drive a service van and can wear shorts and flip flops all day and then come home and round up 300 head of cattle for vaccinations.

Lershac said:
I wonder if the (seemingly) large percentage of IT guys in here are because its a computer BB (forum) or is it some other juxtaposition of interests and specialties
One thing I've noticed on any forum that has this thread, you would think that every place of employment has hundreds of IT folks all running around. We have I think 5 IT folks traveling between 5 facilities around eastern US. If you read internet forums, you would think that 70% of the US employment is in IT, the health care industry, or teachers.

I work for an expanded foam manufacturer. We expand and mold polypropolene and polystyrene foam beads. There is around an 80% chance the bumper of your car is manufactured by us. We manufacture automotive bumpers (the energy absorbers underneath the plastic facia), door panels, some headliners, trunk liners, and fender and door seals for soundproofing. Also underlayment for artificial athletic turf fields, flooring underlayment, and recently released patio paver base available at Lowes.

I work in the R&D department, basically doing all the engineering grunt work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.