What Intermatic Timer do I have?

May 27, 2016
Boca Raton, FL
Hello,

I bought the following Intermatic timer on CL for $30 and was told it was an T10004RT1 but it was missing the cover. The guy was an electrician and told me they installed one during a house build but the cover went missing so they bought another one and grabbed the cover off mine. The unit is unused, has the original box, has a 220 timer and 100 watt transformer so it seemed to be a T10004RT1 and after some searching, I found a replacement cover. Problem is, the cover measures 12.5 by 12.5, where my box measures 10.4 by 10.4. Inyo Pools has been beyond good in trying to resolve it but after confirming it was the right replacement cover, measuring other covers they had, getting Intermatic to measure the actual unit I think I have, it's clear this is not the unit I thought.

I've searched and can't find any Intermatic boxes that have the timer cut in this way, with it so form fitting if you will. I found one picture that matched mine without the square cut out for the timer but couldn't find the details on it, any ideas? Do you think a machine shop would be able to make the big cover fit? Hate to do that and break the power coat but don't know what to do.

220 Timer, 100 Watt Transformer, 2 knockouts on front, 1 knockout on side, & 10.4x10.4
Inter2R.jpg

What a great deal you got!! Nice to hear INYOPOOL tried so hard. They are awesome.

My husband says a machine shop could make it fit but the cost may be higher than you want :( He says there is powder coat you can buy if you do go that way.

You can get extra thick foam like goes around doors to make it fit.

Let us know what you end up doing.

Kim:kim:

Thank you Kim and Inyo could not have been any nicer but I ended up returning the cover. I went to throw the coverless box on CL and was going to buy a similar one from a retailer when I saw the following for $50. I probably could have gotten him down lower but I figured $50 was more than fair so I grabbed it this morning and it is brand new. It's missing the timer stoppers but I have some extra and missing the hangers but everything else including the breaker stickers and instructor manual are here :)

T40004RT3
NByIKh4.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.