What in the world is in my skimmer?

Jun 29, 2016
Walhalla, SC
I use hairnets in my skimmer to catch stuff before it hits the filter. Works really well, 100% recommended. But after opening this year, I'm getting some weird stuff in my skimmer. I know pollen count is really high right now, but this stuff almost looks/feels like a sponge. My water seems perfect right now, high side of FC because I did a mini-SLAM upon opening just in case. Any ideas? Is this just pollen buildup that then has channels from water getting through?

Current Levels:
FC 14.0
CC 0.0
pH 7.5
TA 75
CH 125
CYA 65
Salt 3210
Temp 78

You’ll need to check back in regularly, so we can be sure that stuff didn’t eat you. Yikes!

I was reading an article the other day in regards to the pollen. They said due to a very cold and wet spring, the pollen season exploded all across the US at one time.
I know here in AZ, it was crazy allergy season this year, everyone was suffering one way or the other.

Fire, Ig. That’ll do it.

Here in Tampa, the oak trees start their pollen production in January. I go ahead and stick up for 3 months of misery!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.