What does your above ground pool paradise look like??

Jul 30, 2018
Stevens Point, WI
37930196_10155383890481097_2209909666207498240_n.jpg

I've been looking and admiring the pool paradise pictures on here - but I'm in WI so an in-ground pool is just not feasible here. I'd love to see some of the above ground photos so I can get some inspiration for next year. Our set up is pretty bland and we go back and forth bringing the pool closer to the house and incorporating some type of deck access....

This is mine - it's a 22' Sofpool (awesome, by the way) 10,500 gal. As you can see, it's a pretty blah set up and I worry every time my husband takes the weed trimmer around the pool!

It's still a work in progress but I would say it's 90% complete now. I decided to lay the decking boards about 2" below the top rail of the pool and I'm very happy we went with the aluminum powder-coated balusters. They were the most expensive parts for our deck but they stand out quite exceptionally. LOL
I'm also very happy with our surf board towel rack. Also happy with the "skirting" of vertical decking boards (where you see the single step from upper deck to lower deck). That was my son-in-law's idea.

IMG_0737.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

I put a Roth & Allen 10x12 Gazebo on my deck had it for 3 yrs the design will hold up to any summer storms and I have had a lot. Easy to take the canvas off at end of season for winter storing.
f7c549a7b42f7304df8427f63a03caae.jpg

Jae0166 - I'm really glad you posted this picture because it's exactly what my husband is thinking of for deck ideas. He doesn't want to do the "half moon" deck so many of my friends have with their round pools. Yours is really a nice, big deck area and if we have to relocate and the new owners do not want the pool, the adjustment to the deck wouldn't be so severe. Very nice!!

Ours came with the house. The deck where the stairs are located was part of the pool already. I added on, about 2/3 of the deck, from where the gazebo starts over to the end by the floats. Since I did not want to rip down the old deck, I just matched the existing design.

IMG_20160719_142642670_HDR_zpso5myvcge.jpg.html

IMG_20160719_142642670_HDR_zpso5myvcge.jpg

Mine is still a work in progress, but it's already hosted a graduation party and a wedding! I'll get some better shots when the sun comes out. I'm adding a swim up bar to the patio and have a lot more patio block to lay. It's like one of those projects that never ends. I just keep thinking of things to add to it.

Attachments

• patio rsd.jpg
    patio rsd.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 366
  • patio lighted 5 rsd.jpg
    patio lighted 5 rsd.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 362
  • patio lighted 4rsd .jpg
    patio lighted 4rsd .jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 361

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice setup, Dave. I love those white and grey rugs under the loungers!!

Thanks

Actually I believe that picture is from last year. This year the on white a grey rug is now half the size. I overwinter them in my pool shed. I make sure they are dry and clean, then i roll them, and duct tap them into heavy contractor bags. I do the same for my solar cover. That worked well for a number of years. For some reason,. last winter a mouse got into one of the rug, and made a nest. Of course it chewed a hole in it as well. I ended up cutting off the side with the hole and using what was left.

I want to say my wife got those outdoor carpets at Lowe's. We had a number of different ones out there over the years, but these have lasted the longest. Some of the more "plasticy" ones break down after two season.

-dave

I put a Roth & Allen 10x12 Gazebo on my deck had it for 3 yrs the design will hold up to any summer storms and I have had a lot. Easy to take the canvas off at end of season for winter storing.
f7c549a7b42f7304df8427f63a03caae.jpg

We have that same gazebo and we leave the canvas on year round (we sit outside a lot even in a light rain during the late fall and early spring) Our canvas has withstood hail, 60+mph winds, snow etc! After 4 years it had enough sun damage that a few hail stones went through it. Lowe's sells replacement canvas for only $75! The frame doesn't have a single spec of rust after 5 years. We're tempted to go ahead and get another replacement canvas for a few years down the road!

20180803_152929.jpgwe take our pool down end of September every year and put it back up first week of May so we don't have the deck built 100% custom to the sides of the pool.

Waking up and walking out on the deck to this is pretty nice to me. With the weather in the Northeast this week it certainly could be excused for thinking it's tropical.

Attachments

• IMG_20180804_070423.jpg
    IMG_20180804_070423.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 232
This is our set up, its a 12'x24' oval Dough Boy, its been a lot of work to get to this point. I had about a 5' slope to deal with when installing the pool to the existing deck and then adding on to it and doing more modifications.

You can get a better sense of it by clicking on you tube video in my signature. (Above Ground Pool Ideas)

We have that same gazebo and we leave the canvas on year round (we sit outside a lot even in a light rain during the late fall and early spring) Our canvas has withstood hail, 60+mph winds, snow etc! After 4 years it had enough sun damage that a few hail stones went through it. Lowe's sells replacement canvas for only $75! The frame doesn't have a single spec of rust after 5 years. We're tempted to go ahead and get another replacement canvas for a few years down the road!

View attachment 84171we take our pool down end of September every year and put it back up first week of May so we don't have the deck built 100% custom to the sides of the pool.

Yes I put a new replacement top on this year and scotch guarded it with the UV rays guard from scotch guard from Lowe’s. Did not protect the first one and the sun faded it after 2 seasons in Virginia heat. The s stuff works great!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.