Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hello everyone. I have a newly built pool and it’s my first time around with both salt and automation. I have the Jandy IAquaLink RS4 automation and the TrueClear SWCG. The PB did not wire the SWCG to the automation, I assume because I am maxed out on outputs (two separate lights, two pumps and a spa blower). Is there any real benefit to being able to control the SWCG from the automation? As I said, I’m new to salt pools, but it seems like you would only adjust the salt percentage seasonally, once you get everything set up.

It seems that SWCG percent duty cycle would need to be adjusted seasonally, and sometimes after a storm or high bather load there’s a need to kick in on for some extra time. I also have mine running for several hours each afternoon - not every time the pump runs. I think automation is needed for all of these.

Dan

Reactions: SchubeyDew
The SWG should get power from the Filter Pump Relay Load terminals (R -->).

The 4 wire communication wire goes to one of the red plugs (P ^)

You might have a multiplex board (M -->) with an additional 4 red plugs that you can connect the 4 wires to.

1635532487606.png

James knows his stuff, and looks like you should be able to connect it.

As far as using automation for it?
  • First, it should be connected so that it does not run when the pump is not running.
  • I adjust mine more frequently than I would have expected. You can still walk to the SWG and change it, but those of us with automation have been spoiled.
  • For those of us that like the automations, it is very convenient to finish logging your tests into the pool math app and then switch over to the control software (I have only used the Pentair product) and adjust your % or your pump schedule - or both for that matter.
  • I also have used the automation to kick down my SWG while on vacation (Raised it the day I left and 2 days later kicked it back to normal as a preventative measure)
Just some reasons why you might want it integrated.

Thank you everyone. If I can hook it up with the existing equipment I will as I do enjoy gadgets. Thank you James for the detailed information. I will go out there this weekend and take a look to see if I can get it set up.

You just need some 22 Gauge 4 Conductor Communication and Control Cable.

The installer should have connected this for you.

The Power supply should be connected to the load side of the filter relay terminals.

I would ask the installer to come back and finish the job correctly.

1635557119034.png

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.