What do I fix first.

Jenntipton

Jun 6, 2020
Texas
I’m still a little new to this system. I did a full water test today and these are my numbers.
FC 1.5
CC 0
PH 7.2
TA 110
CH 100
CYA 40
I have AG vinyl with a sand pump. Please help me know what order I need to address my levels. Thanks guys.

Is your water crystal clear? No signs of algae or cloudiness? If all is good, increase the FC to about 6-7 ppm right away. It's way too low. See the FC/CYA Levels. If you do have cloudiness or signs of algae, plans will be different so let us know.

Is your water crystal clear? No signs of algae or cloudiness? If all is good, increase the FC to about 6-7 ppm right away. It's way too low. See the FC/CYA Levels. If you do have cloudiness or signs of algae, plans will be different so let us know.

The water is mostly clear, I wouldn’t say crystal clear like is has been. My kids have been swimming like crazy. You can definitely see the bottom and little things on the bottom. I did an overnight chlorine test the other night and it was good. No real change.

Our hot TX days and lots of swimmers uses-up a lot of chlorine. When the water gets cloudy, it means algae may be try to to start. Do this for now. Get more liquid chlorine (or regular bleach) in there as noted above. You can even take the FC up to 10 or so if you like. It's okay and safe since your SLAM level would be 16 anyways. Now this evening you could do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test, that's one option. Or, just get that extra chlorine in there for this evening, give the pool a good brushing, and see how it looks tomorrow. If it's not better or the FC is really low tomorrow, you may need to prepare for the SLAM Process.

What should I do about the alkalinity being so high?
It's fine for now. We only worry about the TA being elevated if it's allowing the pH to rise too fast, and your pH is on the low side so all is well. Right now the emphasis is on the FC. Have a good evening.

Reactions: Jenntipton
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.