What did you do to your pool today?

I was bad n got in the pool today. It's been so hot. I was superglued n the glue is still intact after 3 hours of swimming. I did clean my waterline. It was all grimey from hubby using oil. Wish I'd of never ok'ed that. Got a grime on everything left in the pool.

SWAM! with 3 of my former students and my daughter. Had a water gun fight in the pool, cleaned out some leaves while we were in there. Hubby fixed the Kreepy Krawler, the valve on the letro wall fitting broke this weekend. Thankfully, she's back in service and was only out a few days. I've had to finish my summer reading and stay from the forum for a few days :)

I was bad n got in the pool today. It's been so hot. I was superglued n the glue is still intact after 3 hours of swimming. I did clean my waterline. It was all grimey from hubby using oil. Wish I'd of never ok'ed that. Got a grime on everything left in the pool.

These aren't perfect but they do help trap some of it, less cleaning of the liner.
Amazon.com : Scumbug (tm) Oil-Absorbing Sponge Devours Scum, Slime Garden

You want to shop around for them as the price varies quite a bit from store to store and make sure it's "each" or a pack of 2. Doesn't need to be specifically a "scumbug" just any of the pool oil absorbers.
I rinse mine out in a bucket of water with a bit of dishwasher soap in it.

Thanks kissafrog.

I'll be testing water here in a bit. Waiting on daughter to see if she's coming over with baby n go swimming.

Today I...swam in my pool for the first time! The kids loved it, we were in for most of the day. I also tested FC and CC this morning, tested again after we swam, and added more chlorine thanks to a very noticeable drop. We really enjoyed swimming...but I gotta say, testing is a bit addictive ;)

Alright, congrats on a swim! :paddle:

Swam a few times to cool off although it wasn't too hot today, cold front dropped us to 95*, a little chilly in the shade. Got it ready for a pool party tomorrow by taking out a few leaves. :) I'll test PH in the morning and then add some bleach to get FC up to probably 12ish since people are bringing some extra rugrats. Then more bleach if they ever leave! :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Full set of tests. Great season so far. Lots of sun, and no algae! Fighting pH rises all season and considering raising TA to see if things improve. Watering garden and what is left of lawn.....

Full set of tests. Great season so far. Lots of sun, and no algae! Fighting pH rises all season and considering raising TA to see if things improve. Watering garden and what is left of lawn.....

Hope you meant lowering TA.

I flipped the switch n turned the pump on. I'll be testing the water in a bit.

Start a thread on your PH and TA with a little history and we can probably help you move in the right direction.

My new deck is near completion! It's in the upper 70's out, good working weather. Only tested PH and CL, then added some bleach today. Going to have to vacuum a bit of sawdust out of the pool sometime soon!

Hard plumbed a portion of the waste line from the filter. Tired of having to move the blue discharge hose each time I mow the grass.
dfc9b16865901df5c0f2bcc50c67c4c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice job on the waste line ;) I want to do the same for the same reason but need to trench it under a walkway and that's what's slowing me down :(

Nice job on the waste line ;) I want to do the same for the same reason but need to trench it under a walkway and that's what's slowing me down :(

That would slow me down too. Why don't you wait n do it on a nice fall day or hype yourself up before the season really kicks in for next year?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support