What did you do to your pool today?

Not much. It rained all day, so I wasn't able to brush or vac today. Did manage to dose it with 2 c chlorine. I've noticed, in cloudy days it uses up 2 ppm FC, and in bright sunshiny days it uses up 3 FC. So I've been able to cut testing back to every second day. Still watch it like a hawk for algae!

Reactions: kimkats
Gave it the mid-season full brushing, including the walls. While I brush the floor at least once a week, I have to admit that the walls tend to get ignored.

I also spent some time on this forum and finally learned how to properly read the CYA test. That blasted dot would always re-appear just when it had disappeared! 😖

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This

And a lot of painters blue tape to cover up the stuff I didn't want paint on.

Thanks. Was your PVC relatively new or did it have an oxidized layer from years of sitting outside? Did you do anything to the PVC before painting?

new pool owner- changed the o-ring of old Rear sand filter- there was a hissing issue. Fixed that problem and then added more. Who knew you don’t pull out the lateral filters from the sand- that might be an issue. Oh yeah don’t crack the drain mechanism while trying to drain. And definitely, definitely backwash not filter into your beautiful crystal clear pool water😭 today was rough. I’ve no idea what the heck I'm doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are hairy suckers! Looks great. Will they need staked up? I’m used to seeing taller palms staked with a wooded frame built around the trunk.

Deep cleaned a sand filter after 5 more years. Don't Judge!~ 3 hours of flushing, poking, jabbing the water hose and I called it quits. Major backwash and rinse afterwards. No massive chunks of stuff on top of sand bed as like the last time. I think those hair nets are paying for themselves in spring with the pollen.

Reactions: bmoreswim
Replaced a broken skimmer weir. Would get stuck up and down causing lack of water or bad skimming depending which way.

Reactions: Garyt2022

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support