What did you do to your pool today?

Still trying to dig out to level for a 24 ft round, by hand and wheel barrow. Have about a 5 inch disparity. Southern Ca has the weather but not enough room for a bobcat :-(, but on the bright side my 40 ft by 12 inch wide by 2 ft deep trench is done, rough gas, electric and water are in, trench refilled. This pool better be worth it for my boys.

Reactions: Newdude
Bought 2 small aquarium tank fish nets for hand skimming while we are lounging
Started preparing for family swim party today, Added chlorine, running robot, turned on heater
(Water was 81, we tend to like it mid/high 80's)

Fixed Harvey my Aquavac. He's back banging on the walls. I can use Cal Hypo. We have low Calcium in our fill - 40ppm.
We were in yesterday for several hours at 90°F.
Last night was cool and we had rain. Pool is back down to 86°F.
It should be back up to 88°F + by swim time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Wrestling with chemical balance these last 2 weeks. Heavy rains called for a backwash to lower the water level but an "oops" (inattention) necessitated adding water afterwards :( . ...the green tint is almost gone. Of course tropical storm residuals are going to throw it all up in the air again this weekend <ler sigh>.

Had 10-12 teenagers in it last night. I got a few thankyous (not bad for modern day teens) , one “your pool is nice” and one “it doesn’t smell weird or anything.”

Now I’m gonna pour a 55 gallon drum of chlorine in it this morning. :)

Ha ha...with a 16 year old son, I know that scenario all too well. Most of the time these little parties are unplanned...they somehow "just happen"! Enjoy it. I'm sure they're all pretty good kids.

I don't dread them all coming over and having fun (did i mention the time i looked out and saw 14 kids in the hot tub?!) as much as i dread that soon enough the kids, including mine, will get older, move on, and these little parties become just memories.

In the meantime, the 55 gallon CL drums stand at the ready and pizza delivery remains on speed dial!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Chasarms
I had neglected to dose the pool yesterday, so with the hot sun my level was low so I dosed it twice today.

Also I started scrubbing down the coping today. I had done it year 1. We are now into year 4 and it was begging.

Swam for 1 1/2 hours [although 45 minutes was hanging on to the edge of the coping in the deep end and scrubbing with
a brush, a magic eraser and a Scotch Brite pad for the plastic coping.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support