What did you do to your pool today?

Still looking at the cover wondering when the weather will get warm again.

Not much here yet. Cover still on, but peeled it back again and ran some basics. Been crystal over the winter, but added a little Cya to bump me up from 30. Added a little Acid and Bleach. As soon as my trees drop some tassels, the cover will come off.

What did you do to yours?
The same thing I do most days, nothing. About every 4 days it gets app a cup of muratic acid. About once a month it gets "shocked". I hardly do anything to my pool unless it rains a lot.

Yesterday I set up the little solar powered bird bath on the deck and emptied, cleaned and refilled the plastic pond next to the pool. I made the mistake of looking under the pools cover only to come face to face with a slightly green monster. The algaecide I used last fall seems to have let me down. :brickwall: I have some work to do when it gets a little warmer.

• Sad
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
first swim yesterday! it was up to 78. cleaned the inside ladder, took off the rotting old solar cover, skimmed a bunch of trash from the wind plus lots of small white plastic detritis from the old cover. did a few lap-circles and put new blue solar cover on. this morning put the rest of a bottle of CYA in a sock and hung it int he water. going to go do swim #2 in a bit.:whoot::paddle:

I took the cover off today by myself and punched myself right in the mouth. Busted my lip pretty good too. LOL

I was tempted to drain the pool and tear the liner out n start on the floor but I dont want the walls to collapse. I've seen pools stay standing with the top rails on through the winter but I don't have that kinda luck so I decided not to do it. I did take a wire brush to my rust around the skimmer n wipe it down. Left it dry n hit it with rustoleum spray. I took a peek behind the liner n I have rust on the walls. This pool may last a few more years... that's about it. Looks better than the swamp I had the last 2 years. I lost a lot of water too.

Attachments

• 20200425_102907.jpg
    20200425_102907.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 16

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support