What did you do to your pool today?

Removed leaves, checked PSI, turned up the heat pump. Forecast is 84 today, then off to the 50s & 60s (even 30s overnight!), so today will be the last swim.

Finished putting all the equipment in the house/garage today after winterizing everything else yesterday. Pool is officially hibernating. Boo.

Past four days I have:

1. Installed new rope return pulleys on my auto cover.

2. Adjusted the auto cover alignment.

3. Pondered why it still so sluggish when closing.

4. Tested chemistry and adjusted PH down.

Next week I'll backwash/fill and probably shut down for winter.

Dying in allergies (and burning trash) out my end. I’ve been Fishing out a couple dead rats from the pool lately and shocking it to get my aching back, back in the hot tub.

I chose yesterday to patch a small hole in my vinyl auto-cover. This requires leaving the cover motionless for 4 hours while the glue sets. No big deal. But a windstorm blew in while the cover was half open. And it blew in from an unusual direction, blowing hundreds of maple leaves into the pool. I netted out as many as I could and called it a night.

Today, from 10am - 3pm , I removed the remaining hundreds of leaves, using a leaf rake and my Polaris. Time for a little therapy.

therapist_promo.jpg

Reactions: homegameroom
Got fed up with the winter cover and just took it off entirely. The leaves are done falling and I will just scoop debris out daily and test water weekly and add chlorine if needed and swirl it around with brush or use submersible pump to circulate it a bit. I’ll see how it goes come spring time!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Leaves are definitely a pain right now. Pretty much twice a day I am raking them out and running the robot to get them off the pool floor. Thankfully, most of the leaves have fallen, so my daily pool leaf raking should be coming to an end soon.

Leaves are definitely a pain right now. Pretty much twice a day I am raking them out and running the robot to get them off the pool floor. Thankfully, most of the leaves have fallen, so my daily pool leaf raking should be coming to an end soon.
Bah! Yes this is the time of year where I question what the heck I was thinking wanting a pool, the other 9 to 10 months out of the year it's fine, but LEAF season...no bueno.

Today I pulled "The PoolCleaner" (Poolvergnuegen) out of the pool because it wasn't moving. Had to take her apart and pull out all the twigs and big leaves from jamming the gears. Also used the new leaf catcher thingy (the one that hooks to the hose). This is my third one so far and this one seems to work ok. We are supposed to get rain next week so there will probably be more leaves but I think that part is almost over. But, oh wait, with the rain we get earth worms...I forgot about them :cautious:.

Replaced the cover and innards on a diverter valve that had a suction side leak. No more air bubbles in the pump or the pool now. Also added the last two actuators to complete my DIY pool controller.

Now I can say “Alexa get busy”, the deck lights dim, the spa turns on, the pool lights go on, and “lets get it on“ starts playing on the Sonos. I get a chuckle out of it every time, and lots of eye rolls from the wife.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support