pH 8.2
TA 110
CH 300
CYA 40
Salt 3000
Bor 30
CSI 0.5
Temp 82

Added 128 oz Muriatic acid. Hung the sock with 2 lbs CYA. Headed out later to pic up a few bags of salt and some Driveway Heat (if I can find that in August!) and replenish the stabilizer and acid supplies.

I'll be shutting down my Dad's pool today. My Mom called me pretty frantic because she lost water right below the skimmer. I was hoping she didn't have a tear in the liner. Today is the first chance I can get up there. She told me yesterday that it hasn't gone down anymore n she thinks that it was a leaky hose on the pump. Dad never added well water. He always had it trucked in. Since were at the end of the season here in PA and it's in the mountains, I'm just going to stop at the pool store, buy her a cover and go SLAM the pool, brush it and put it to bed. The water is pretty cold and no one has used it in the last month. It's time. Miss him so much. Still hurts so badly. I just have to get up there and get it done.

Reactions: dabig05
If got a chance then really gonna try this soon.
The marker isnt perfect, gotta practice some smudging after it wears down some, or recoat after a few hrs. I cant tell where it was used, unless im looking really close w goggles. One of my umbrellas near steps fell in with metal stand base. Chipped up several steps pretty bad, used the putty and marker, looks good

Well yesterday. Installed a 1.85 HP variable speed pump to replace a dying 2-speed (7 seasons). Very pleased so far. It will be coming inside each winter. My 2-speed stayed out its first winter or two and that aged it faster than necessary.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This was a couple of days ago, but we closed the pool. SLAMmed it (still SLAMming, actually), then when it's complete we'll lower to half SLAM, add poly 60, then lower the water level. We have the cover and pillow in place already, testing from under the cover.

I know that's not ideal, but with hubby taking care of the pool, he does it his way regardless of what I say. I'm just grateful he's stepped up for me!

Yesterday, while grandchildren were swimming, pulled the wedding cake stairs out and put A-frame ladder in. Keeping my fingers crossed that there are one or two more swims before we have to close up.

Turned the power off to my new VSP due to an error 65 which indicates a power spike. After one minute with the breaker off it reset and is working fine.

Tested, vacuumed and swam at 83 degrees.

Added a little epoxy around my SWG lid so it will stop leaking, (I’m waiting for the replacement to come), shut the pool cover and turned on the heater as we have company with little kids coming this weekend and next and our temps here in Indiana have been in the high 80’s and 90’s for a few weeks now. Tested the spa chems and added a little chlorine and dry acid.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support