What did you do to your pool today?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Drove 225 miles away from it to pick up a car. I swear we are gonna swim one of THESE days !!

You still have some swimming time left! You just might have to start skimming some leaves out soon lol. Here in central Ohio it is going to be in the low 90s today and tomorrow. August is one of the hottest months here. Not sure which part of NY you’re in. At least you’ll have something to look forward to during the cold winter! :)

Hubby brushed, vacuumed, tested and dosed. He's a good man.

Lucky!! Mine is in charge of the vacuuming and pitches a fit every time even though all he has to do is hook it up and let it do it’s thing for about an hour then put it away. Our pool vacuum is named “Craig” (don’t ask hahaha). Craig will definitely be put to work today and then I get to enjoy the fruits of his labor and will be swimming and on my floatie day drinking on this hot day. ?? Cheers!

Oh and as far as what I’ve done to my pool so far today, I tested FC and pH and added a little bleach and pH deceaser (dry acid). My monster-in-law might be crashing my day drinking and I’m tempted to throw the chemicals way out of wack ????! haha just kidding. Kinda.

Not sure which part of NY you’re in. At least you’ll have something to look forward to during the cold winter! :)

Im all the way south and east. near 'the hamptons'. And August came back (sort of) for a bit. Its 87 and humid again. Gonna swim all afternoon YAY.

• Love
Reactions: thefloatqueen
Ok, this isn’t pleasant. Emptied skimmer baskets (hairnets) with 5-10 maggots in them. Thankfully only a handful. They were alive and floating. That’s the first time I’ve seen them in the pool. The pool trash can was the source about 15 feet away. I didn’t recognize them at first because they get larger when full of water than versus on land. Guess I’ll need to be a little more diligent about emptying that!

Aside from that, I was listening to my pump make squealing noises when on low speed. It’s on its last leg. It was rebuilt once and my pool guy said he wouldn’t do it again. It wasn’t in good shape then. It stayed outside the first two winters. Down the the stones a bit and buried in snow various times. Since then I remove it each winter and store inside.

Neither of which was too much for me to take a nap on the raft after verifying FC levels.

Just installed a new Saltron Mini SWCG for our hot tub. I have been contemplating buying one ever since we picked up the hot tub back in December, but I wasn't sure how much I would use the tub. Last week we had several cold, wet, foggy mornings and I actually used the tub for 5 out of 7 days...since I am using it a bit, even in the summer, I thought I would keep an eye out for a sale on the Saltron Mini, or the more advanced ControlOmatic SmartSpa.

I guess it was my lucky day because I stumbled upon a new in box unit for $125 on my local Craigslist and a friend pick it up for me since it was by his house.

So I am now going to be doing less testing and adding bleach to the tub - I have it pretty dialed now, but I am happy to be done doing that!

Last edited:
Skimmed some leaves out of the bottom of the pool. Turned the pump on. Tested pH, FC, CC (finally zero after being stuck at 0.5 for almost a week!! lol), CYA, and TA. Added 7 oz of dry acid to bring pH down to a respectable 7.4 reading. And now I’m just watching the beautiful sparkly clear water over the clouds and waiting on the rain to come and mess everything up. Enthralling, I know. LOL!

80F2418F-E10C-4D1B-AF92-32BE6FF1FD3A.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support