What did you do to your pool today?

My weekly routine (I often perform steps 2. 3., 4. and 5. more often depending on the conditions of those items).
1. Brushed tile line.
2. Skimmed the surface with leaf rake (net).
3. Emptied skimmer baskets (replaced hair nets).
4. Emptied and cleaned filter bowl basket.
5. Cleaned scum buddies.
6. Full Test...
Temp: 84​
pH: 7.7 (ipH currently set at 65%)​
FC: 5.5 (IC-60 currently set at 30%)​
CC: 0​
CH: 400​
TA: 70​
CYA: 65 *​
Salt: 4000​
Borate 40 **​
CSI: -0.18​
7. * Added 27oz of stabilizer to my sock and hung in front of return. ** Will add 9 pounds, 13oz of Boric Acid when it arrives from Duda Energy tomorrow.

All done, time now to celebrate America's independence. ??
r.

I added chlorine last night. I went for my granddaughter this morning. Stopped at the store for a few of her favorite things (2 watermelons, mac n cheese, salt n viganer chips (I swear that's how she says it! LOL) and sweet tea). Well... we have severe storms blowing through right now with thunder and she's in tears so I can't sweep the pool nor let her swim. We opted for a short time on the front porch in the kiddy pool which holds 800lbs of sand and toys. ?

Ran pump 4 hrs, added 2 c chlorine last night. Swept and vac'ed. Have a cold so didn't swim, and haven't for the past week. Bah humbug. Seeing all that beautiful blue water whilst dripping from the nose and hacking up a lung makes me feel even worse than I really do.

My swimsuit hanging on the bathroom doorknob mocks me.

• Sad
Reactions: zea3
Ran pump 4 hrs, added 2 c chlorine last night. Swept and vac'ed. Have a cold so didn't swim, and haven't for the past week. Bah humbug. Seeing all that beautiful blue water whilst dripping from the nose and hacking up a lung makes me feel even worse than I really do.

My swimsuit hanging on the bathroom doorknob mocks me.
Nothing worse than a summer cold. Hope you feel better soon.

• Love
Reactions: Wobblerlorri
First I sat next to it and admired it over a cup of coffee and a danish. Then I tested FC, PH and TA. FC was within range for my CYA, but a little low for my liking due to high number of 4th of July party swimmers. I will add some chlorine tonight and retest in the morning. Other values within range. Need to turn the Polaris on to clean up the party aftermath of kids running around the pool deck and then jumping in the pool. Other than that it's TFP clear and beautiful!!

Skimmed it, quick test and dumped in bleach. Stared at it longingly, the stone edge burns I found out. Finally swim weather. ? Collapsed on couch again. ?

My daily routine, skim, brush, clean filter basket, put in new hairnet, drop in vacuum, test PH and Chlorine, check salt cell to be sure all is running well. Then I got in, did an hour of water arobics, swam lengths for an hour, sat in my lounge chair and did work on my iPad. I am back out to the pool right now for an evening swim with a weak orange crush (not much of a drinker)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I had to vac the pool yesterday because the real owner showed up and she wanted to swim. I noticed that I had a little green behind my steps so a quick SLAM is in the works along with a brushing. I need to go buy more chlorine. I still have 3 cases left but I gave my dad's wife some the other day because she hasn't went to the store since he died. So instead of having his pool turn, I gave them some and went up to get it in. I also have to get on tftestkits.net to order her refills on the kit. His powder got wet. I told her to keep it in the house. My dad was leaving it in the shed.

Reactions: BMeeley
Today I had my yearly "OMG my SWG cell died" moment.
Grandkids in town, checked FC = 4, mind says either kid peeded in pool or SWG died.
Added 24 oz 10% enough to push it to FC = 6.
Jumped in did a good manual vac of the pool, while doing that I liked how nice and warm my pool was, then remembered the past.
Got out checked FC still at 4 which told me my 10% was now water.
Checked my CYA it had dipped to 50 from 70 aha same old same old.
Added CYA and ran SWG at 60% for 2 hours, FC = 5.
Will retest CYA in a day or two as I added 75% of what I needed to get to 70.

Ran a full set of tests and adjusted as necessary. Got over 12 inches of rain in the last 30 days and the pool has been overflowing :cheers:

My neighbor wheeled over 2 tall ornamental grass plants that he dug out to make room for something else he was planting. I found a couple places in my landscape (such that it is) that worked and replanted them. They were a nice addition.

My neighbor wheeled over 2 tall ornamental grass plants that he dug out to make room for something else he was planting. I found a couple places in my landscape (such that it is) that worked and replanted them. They were a nice addition.
Pics would be nice :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support