What did you do to your pool today?

Turned on Mr T (robot cleaner). Will pull him out later and clean his filters. Plan to test FC/CC, pH and TA. Will throw the children in the pool later.

I pulled my cleaner. Wow, it was full of sand (lots of rain and wind here lately). It was so bad I had to take my filter apart to get the screens to pop out. The filter frame was jammed up with sand particles. Mr T is having a nice rest on the back patio.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I started overchlorination before we are gone for 10 days. Several years ago I went on vacation and came back to an algae bloom. I never want to go through that again. So I spend a few days prior to leaving shocking the pool, sort of a mini-slam, then I will vac the morning we leave and shock again. I figure chlorine is relatively cheap compared to the alternative.

Was still swimming when the hail started ;) They're calling for 60s tomorrow, so i will get to watch the steam pour off the 90-degree pool. Hello, August, I'd like my summer back ;)

(And NO, Joyful, I am not putting the Thunderdome back up til Oct ;) )

Was still swimming when the hail started ;) They're calling for 60s tomorrow, so i will get to watch the steam pour off the 90-degree pool. Hello, August, I'd like my summer back ;)

(And NO, Joyful, I am not putting the Thunderdome back up til Oct ;) )

But then you could have your own personal sauna!!!???!!

Since you mentioned it...my friend just built a nice one and I suggested to SwampHubby that the only thing our little resort is missing now is a nice sauna for snowy days pre game swimming ;)

He was less than enthusiastic since he doesn't use my hot tub at all, and is highly unlikely to trudge up the hill on a Snowy morn clad in a towel ;) I, on the other hand, used to host sweat lodges here and my favorite ones were on snowy days.

My Allroad is getting quite archaic so I'm holding off the sauna lobby until that one is settled at some future point. I like what I like in cars, but am frugal in that I do drive them to the death, so we'll see how much life the ole girl has left before I have to dip into reserves or finance a new one ;)

Kids wanted to swim this morning to avoid afternoon thunderstorms so I ran the gas heater. Water temp this morning was a bone-chilling 83F...so I cranked up the heater to 88F and put the pool in "AERATOR" mode which forces all the return water from the pool into the spa through the jets. So there was a nice bubbly hot spa for daddy's back while the kids played in the warm spillover water. Turned on the waterfall too and the kids played for about 90mins....air temps were nice and cool so it was a good morning in the ole' bucket of water....

Suffice it to say...crystal clear water to start and to finish with....

I haven't had to do a thing but add a gallon of bleach night. The levels were so consistently perfect that I went without a full test for 3 weeks and just added bleach. The levels were still perfect - although my CYA is dropping very slowly. So now I am just fine tuning my setup to finish the install of a stenner pump. While I'm at it I am replacing some plumbing that I suspect is causing small air bubbles in the returns and rigging up a ball valve drain for my filter so I don't have to use a wrench to drain it. So I guess pool maintenance has become so easy that I am making up stuff to do.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support