What did you do to your pool today?

I'm about to go jump in it!

dbtgallery.php

dbtgallery.php

Opening day. Spring rains drove hundreds of worms into my main drain. Disgusting pump basket full of them when I got the pump running. Lots of dirt. 0 FC made me nervous...

Still have 20 ppm CYA though so that's good. Bumped FC to 10 ppm. We'll see how that holds and how long it takes the dirt to filter out. Some algae starting on my steps despite water temp being mid -50s. Must have been warmer in that stagnant area.

76632d0dbec085e06e5139c985770627.jpg

Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and grammar errors!

Swapped out my white light in the spa to a Pentair 5G intellibrite. Wired it and my pool one up to one of the pentair controllers ($200 light switch). I'm happy with the results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This weekend was pool service weekend - my son and I cleaned the cartridge filter for the season.
Below are the before and after shot of the cartridges.
awprG_rPsPxnpVNOJhpa9lpV8V_PcFLBtZM8suUUsNwDyngWncXJ-YI_fu7jkYiDTWsCcHMEZZapXC6zimYbeNsV_6CITuXfU-PnVXtQwRCuBG13sG4rgKVvLL6gImnLguyRE7ORmVmo4ykbyVBraToFqyPPik2QSazv4Xh2GI-e3a6jWcFzcNE4jF-SSMxDE6oSgrwqxcu6ZdmeW4tgWqdLvF0RMzVuAEH2DSfpzAq4aezpT4OMZOx8MKywBGlAlPg2vuo-ATdd7S-XAtvq4pdnJ58hZ1mOwIqHM56nJCcBKAC8pjp_qemKRAtD8dikjXXmuVRrVI6Xa4IDyeLn4WfCBluendpid7ng811nuZeWewsy_GJORara58mcBrgr6AFBKutrGI_FsPQnLaiL54lkS0MK2cn1awKJtvZuSowiN1qfltmV1qKMssvMqt--p2j_NlmTBmPXX8EL3wpu0dYSn7tJMmi5uizaTTHB34CGlJPwEfxlmxp-eMTwsrhJK0Ebusk7aEMnur9DS1mInKjec_Dei0k5yrWClD92OzoqgctbTWSmNgNGWC-c3-0zSugXQzyJmFMymAo7oKxTPP79GmIz1USD53QQwuLNA72o-AJFLURF=w523-h708-no

We also did our yearly maintenance on our safety cover and cleaned out the cover vault. This required removing 2 buckets full of dirt needles and debris - along with killing several black widow spiders...this time we sprayed some bug spray in the vault to reduce the spider population.

We also did a bit of adjusting of the cover opening and closing - which is working better now. Finding a section of rope duct taped together from one of our service calls when the pool and cover were still in warranty was a bit of a bummer - but I was able to clean it up and with a few more tweaks to the ropes and the stops I think it will run better than it ever has.

Lost 3 FC today. Back up to about 12. Added some CYA in a sock. Water pretty clear until I stir up all the dirt on the bottom. Pressure on filter slowly rising. Backwash tomorrow when it's not raining. Might try the robot tomorrow too but he's never real motivated to climb walls when the water is sub-70.

Sent from mobile device. Beware of brevity and grammar errors!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support