What did you do to your pool today?

My two kids and I swam... in Cincinnati... in April. The weather has been warm this April, it was 85 out today, and I was sitting with my feet in the pool having an adult beverage when I dared my 7 year old son to do a cannonball. Next thing I knew we were all in the pool. Water was 73. The adult beverages kept me warm.

Youngest had a pool party Saturday for her birthday that lasted until Sunday afternoon [emoji23][emoji23] Total count was 12 kids finally [emoji15][emoji15] Let's just say I kept the pool dosed up this weekend lol

33fceb37dd18c166a696ffe1ca864e76.jpg

That was Sunday morning at 10am lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my trees trimmed in a major way yesterday, and of course the wind blew the wrong direction. Loads and loads of sawdust/chips blew right in the pool, along with a few branches falling in or partially so. What a mess! Still working on it today, as one round the M5 wasn't quite enough. There is also the tiniest sheen of oil on the surface, no doubt from the bar/chain lube carried in with the saw dust and chips. Along with the most recent cold front, this has been the toughest year getting started in four seasons.

Sadly, I've gone from 78, back down to 66 with the recent fronts to boot. Not a happy Pooler at rhe moment. :rant:

Patrick...you will love the new haircut on the trees I'm sure but what a mess!

I have also had my share of pool drama lately. Storms rolled in Saturday and the pool was over filling. I had to go out in the storm to the equipment pad where the water was 8 inches deep (I have drainage issues that I am working on) so I could run the backwash to get some water out of The Beast. Who knew that overflowing the pool could damage the coping? Not newbie Crystal! The backwash and rinse increased the water level of Lake O' the Beast even more...sigh. Turned pump back on. Then was informed by a friendly pool guru that I also needed to flip the breaker to the pad because all the electrical was under water. Back out to the lake to turn pump off. Back in to flip breaker. Galoshes have holes in them! (New ones ordered.).

Yesterday was storm clean up day. Realized that skimmers had floated and the pump basket was full of huge leaves. Who knew that floating the skimmers makes all kinds of storm trash go right into the pump basket? Not newbie Crystal!

Sigh....the learning curve was pretty steep, but I have lots of new plans to alleviate the drainage situation now!

My water temp is also down to 64 from a recent high of 72. Waiting...

Here's to dry sunny days to come!

Crystal :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Watched my next door neighbor pull his cover off to reveal a green pool! He waited too long as usual. Maybe green is his favorite color.

Watched my next door neighbor pull his cover off to reveal a green pool! He waited too long as usual. Maybe green is his favorite color.

LOL!!! Wonder if they have green shag carpet?

We're getting ready for POOLPALOOZA. This is the first weekend where it will be hot and sunny all weekend. I guess I better check my FC!

Water temp was 85 this morning after 50 degree low temp last night. It was 88 or 89 yesterday evening. We're losing 3 or 4 degrees overnight and solar is keeping up, we're all solar and solar cover now. Heat pump hasn't been on for a few days now. I think the sun lowered in the sky a little extra this week because the sun is getting HOT! This week was the first time the pool coping was too hot to stand on. Up til now I have been standing there on purpose for extra heat.

We're getting ready for POOLPALOOZA. This is the first weekend where it will be hot and sunny all weekend.
I'll be sittin' on the deck, coooool one in hand, tunes crankin'....LOOKIN' at mine! Currently a natural 73. Wifey probably brave it Sunday-------------wait.........I got the Fla-Mongo!
(3 day cold fronts--BLAH)

Off work today for my nephew's graduation, so hubby and I are going to embark on our very first DE filter cleaning. Then I'll hose the deck, check chems, put out my cushions and rug. We have about 5 days ahead with sunny skies and mid 80's ahead. Water is 65 this morning. If it gets to the mid 70's today, I may turn the heater on to warm it up to about 85 so we can swim Monday. I work tomorrow..boo.

Opened the pool....

I don't use a cover on it through the winter months so it catches a little debris. The water is always clear, but the sediment on the bottom gets kicked up when I jump in and scoop out the large stuff and it turns that swampy green.

My coworkers and friends are always impressed when I show them before and afters and tell them the results took place over 24 hours.

Still waiting for it to break the slight haze and get back to my crystal clear TFP standards, but it's just nice to have it open again.
9c70e376b823d5d69a65e7dc26396351.jpg
cbdd06dd98f280bbddcec6eb18da3928.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yep, looking good, it's almost there! :thumleft:

I'm about to go jump in mine. I've got to take off the solar cover and clean it. It got pretty nasty over the last couple of weeks with pollen and lollipops. But, my pool is 88 degrees so I don't care what the solar cover looks like! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support