What did you do to your pool today?

Does music from The Dark Side of the Moon play from your pool light too?

If you want some particulate suspended in your pool water you'll have to go to http://www.troublesomePool.com

This is exactly why I need to stay where I belong in the "Under Construction" section, (someone :scratch: once called it the entertainment section.... ). I clicked on your link just like a sheep about to go off the cliff!!! Grrrr....

Suz. :gone:

Skimmed bugs with my net, did the regular testing and swam, twice! I am SOOooo happy with the new location of our pool! And thankful for the late season warmth! While to some 80 degree pool water seems cold, here in PA, in September, it seems warm. We even swam at dusk and it felt great!

You guys are way more productive than me. I am enjoying swimming in September. Daytime temperatures have been mid 90's all week, which has warmed the water somewhat. It's even warm enough to do some night time swimming. I am an avid star gazer so I just love floating and looking up at the night sky. Hoping to hold out as long as possible before closing as I mistakenly bought way too much liquid chlorine when Rural King had a weekend sale and am not too keen on storing it anywhere this winter. I am almost hoping I get algae... :p It's been a great first year for me thanks to you guys, I had to do one SLAM but I never even saw green algae, it was just based on chlorine loss at night. My mother who gave me so much flack for doing it "my way" is now eating her hat as I had less problems and spent less money this year than she ever came close to in her 10 plus years of owning a pool. She no longer calls me a "freak" for pouring bleach in the pool and has now asked me to help her with a friends pool who is tired of battling the pool store. Funny how quickly things can change. :)

the squirrels have arranged their new dining table onto the big oak tree branch which barely overhangs my shallow end. Now their acorn shells fall on my steps.
its at least a twice a day job cleaning that up. I guess this winter I will be trimming the end of that limb.

scooped out a few floating leaves too and floated around quite a bit in the pool today. Gonna enjoy it as much as I can for the next couple of weeks.

Maybe you can just use the chlorine for your laundry. In my mind, if laundry bleach works as chlorine, why not the reverse? You would just need to use a lesser amount.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys are way more productive than me. I am enjoying swimming in September. Daytime temperatures have been mid 90's all week, which has warmed the water somewhat. It's even warm enough to do some night time swimming. I am an avid star gazer so I just love floating and looking up at the night sky. Hoping to hold out as long as possible before closing as I mistakenly bought way too much liquid chlorine when Rural King had a weekend sale and am not too keen on storing it anywhere this winter. I am almost hoping I get algae... :p It's been a great first year for me thanks to you guys, I had to do one SLAM but I never even saw green algae, it was just based on chlorine loss at night. My mother who gave me so much flack for doing it "my way" is now eating her hat as I had less problems and spent less money this year than she ever came close to in her 10 plus years of owning a pool. She no longer calls me a "freak" for pouring bleach in the pool and has now asked me to help her with a friends pool who is tired of battling the pool store. Funny how quickly things can change. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Began the morning replacing a skimmer weir. A few hours later, I laid out on the floating pool raft catching a few rays. Since it's back-to-work tomorrow, it may have been the final time I do that this season as a cool front is supposed to come through mid-week. Water will still be plenty warm enough for lap swimming, but may be a bit chilly for just laying on the surface of the water given the expected drop in water temps combined with about a 10°F drop in air temps.

Thanks to pabeader's awesome electrical skills, I got my control box wired up to run my booster pump. I had it wired where I thought it should work, but apparently I had my wires crossed, haha pun intended. I have the final contact block on the way to stop the circuit before it times out. On another note, I turned on my pool light, and it stays on with the pumps on. Before, it would trip the gfci when the pump breaker was on. Weird stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We took our steps out yesterday...as it was still warm out and the water a nice 84. We put our ladder in it's place because it is easy to remove without having to get in the water. We use our ladder at the very beginning and end of the season.. I dared not wait any longer..fall cooldown is on it's way.. :eek:

Pulled the plug, season is over. :(
Most of the water will be out tomorrow morning and then it's cleaning, let the pool dry and put it away until next summer. I should have been born in a nation were summer lasts for most of the year!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support