What cleaner to use to purge a whirpool bath.

edweather

LifeTime Supporter
May 1, 2010
Kingsland, GA
I hope I don't get flamed too bad, and I hope this is the best place on the site to ask this ? We just installed a whirpool bath and the manual suggests cleaning it (purging it) twice per month with a special (expensive) cleaner. Is there a good economic cleaner that anyone can recommend for this purpose? Thanks.

Looks like a fine place to ask to me! You can use Spa Purge, which I believe you can find at Leslies. I use Spa System Flush, but I'm not sure you can get it locally. I get it from http://www.spadepot.com and never had any problems ordering from them. I think either would work fine.

Someone correct me if these are not appropriate for a whirlpool bath.

I believe that using Spa Purge it is recommended that you drain the tub and refill, If you are doing this 2x a month it could get expensive. I just did a drain and refill using bleach worked fine. Next time 3 month i might try spa purge or another similar product.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.