What Chemicals Should I Buy? New Pool Fill on Monday.

pigskintd

Jul 7, 2020
Central Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I am trying to come prepared for my pool filling on Monday. We are getting plaster and I am not sure about the startup method.

Fill Water:
FC .5-1
pH 7.8
CH 250
TA 190
CYA 0

I was planning on getting Muriatic Acid, Chlorine, and stabilizer at a minimum. Any other recommendations?

Yes, you will need those chemicals, but keep in mind they probably won't go in until day 3. Most important would be:
1 - Liquid chlorine to maintain a free chlorine level
2 - Stabilizer to buffer the chlorine and shield it from the sun.
3 - Muriatic acid to control the constantly rising pH (probably for months).

You'll manage it as a non-salt pool for the first 30 days before adding salt. Be mindful and take notes for anything the builder might add to the water.

Yes, you will need those chemicals, but keep in mind they probably won't go in until day 3. Most important would be:
1 - Liquid chlorine to maintain a free chlorine level
2 - Stabilizer to buffer the chlorine and shield it from the sun.
3 - Muriatic acid to control the constantly rising pH (probably for months).

You'll manage it as a non-salt pool for the first 30 days before adding salt. Be mindful and take notes for anything the builder might add to the water.
Thanks for the quick response. It seems like it depends on the startup method, but do I just mainly brush for the first two days?

Do I need to worry about my TA being so high, or will the acid help take care of that as well?
In time the acid will take care of it. Since you'll be using a lot of acid each week to control the pH, the TA will probably fall rather quickly. But we can certainly help you get more aggressive to lower the TA quicker if needed later.

In time the acid will take care of it. Since you'll be using a lot of acid each week to control the pH, the TA will probably fall rather quickly. But we can certainly help you get more aggressive to lower the TA quicker if needed later.
Sounds like a plan! Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.