What can I change to help with calcium build up??

Jun 3, 2022
Northern CA
Hello! I’m a brand new pool owner and this is my first time posting here so bare with me. I am having calcium build up in a few spots in the grout on our waterline tile. Is there anything I need to pay closer attention to as far as water chemistry to help with this? Or is this just a given? I test water daily.

Pool filled: 5/11/22
15k gallons
Micro fusion pebble
VS pump runs on high from 6-8am then low 8am-3pm

Readings as of 9:00am this morning

FC: 3.5
CC: 0
TA: 70
CYA: 40
PH: 7.6 (I usually target to keep around here)
CH: 230
Temp: 86 (gets about 89-90 by afternoon)

Attachments

• 3BEBD37D-F9ED-40E6-A8AD-3BC3A783C708.jpeg
    3BEBD37D-F9ED-40E6-A8AD-3BC3A783C708.jpeg
    311.9 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Your numbers are surprisingly good for CA water. You're up north so perhaps that is why, but your pH, TA, and CH are in a great place. Can you confirm which test kit you are using? The white product I'm seeing in the grout line may be efflorescence. Are there any water features near that area in the pic?

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Your numbers are surprisingly good for CA water. You're up north so perhaps that is why, but your pH, TA, and CH are in a great place. Can you confirm which test kit you are using? The white product I'm seeing in the grout line may be efflorescence. Are there any water features near that area in the pic?

That’s great to hear! I’ve worked hard trying to teach myself the ropes and come to really enjoy it! I’m using the Taylor complete k-2005 kit. The water feature is actually across the pool on the other side and I’m not seeing any issues over on that end. I just wanted to correct the issue now before it gets out of control if possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.