what Automation do I really need? Easytouch PSL4 EASY TOUCH 4 OR EASY TOUCH 8 OR INTELLICENTER?

grey1988

Nov 14, 2017
Las Vegas/NV
I have and Pool Heater, Pool and Spa, Lights, blower and water feature. I want to be able to control all these item, ie turn from pool to spa, turn on heater, turn on water feature, turn on pool lights and spa lights. One installer told me I will able to do this all with the PSL4. Another today told me I couldn't even use an easy touch 4 I would need and Easy Touch 8. After thinking maybe its time for the Intellicenter, if so which model would i need for that? Pool used to have pop ups but no longer. In the future i might want SWG. What sytstem should I get so that I am not stuck being able to do everything? I will attach a picture of my whole system. I can decipher the difference when they say Relay max (8?) for PSL4 vs 4 for Easy Touch and them the Feature Circuts (2)PSL4 vs 8 for the Easytouch 4 or 8? It is so confusing as I am not sure what the Relay does vs the Feature circuits, which are limited on the PSL4. Please help me understand. Let me know if you need more info etc. Leslies is shipping the PSL4 with screenlogic for 1450 with tax and a company would install with 2 actuators for 600 so 2050 total. But I dont want to regret later having to upgrade but I also don't want to break the bank.

Thanks in advance for all input.

Attachments

• 20220503_142811.jpg
    20220503_142811.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220503_142819.jpg
    20220503_142819.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 8
Intellicenter is Pentair’s new tech. I, personally, would not go backward. Check prices here locally in LV at polytecpools.com Check on the website often, when their sold out of intellicenter bundled with IC40s they sell out fast. Then they get more stock in. See if there is a way to get the IC60 with a bundle.

Intellicenter is Pentair’s new tech. I, personally, would not go backward. Check prices here locally in LV at polytecpools.com Check on the website often, when their sold out of intellicenter bundled with IC40s they sell out fast. Then they get more stock in. See if there is a way to get the IC60 with a bundle.
Polytec is my source for the product. Just can't find the best installer for it.

Grey,

You will not be happy with the PSL4. The "L" stands for lite as in the salad dressing that no one can eat. :mrgreen:

The lite EasyTouch has very limited functions, no load center for your circuit breakers, only 4 total schedules, including any egg-timers and only 2 Feature Circuits.

I would not give a PSL4 to my mother-in-law and she is dead!

I have three pools that all have IntelliFlo pumps, IC40 SWCGs and EasyTouch systems. I love them... I'd love to have a new IntelliCenter, but there is not much of an advantage for me to upgrade as the EasyTouch does everything I want.

That said, if I were to build a new pool today, it would have the new IntelliCenter. The EasyTouch is black and white alphanumeric system, the IntelliCenter is color with a touch screen. The ET has a max of 12 schedules, the IC has a 100. To use your phone or PC to control your ET, you need ScreenLogic for an additional $500 bucks, the IC has a built in Wi-Fi system at no additional cost. etc., etc.

Relays.. You need a relay for anything you want to control using 120 VAC or 240 VAC, like your Spa blower or pool lights. You need a relay for each light, or set of lights, that you want to independently control. Both the ET and IC use one of the relays as the Pump/Filter relay, so an ET-4 only has 3 control relay, and ET-8 has 7 etc.

Feature Circuits.. You use these to turn valves on and off, and to change speeds on VS pumps.

It is easy for me to spend your money, but if you plan to buy a SWCG, you should get the package that come with a built in SWCG power supply, the salt cell, plus the actuators.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Grey,

You will not be happy with the PSL4. The "L" stands for lite as in the salad dressing that no one can eat. :mrgreen:

The lite EasyTouch has very limited functions, no load center for your circuit breakers, only 4 total schedules, including any egg-timers and only 2 Feature Circuits.

I would not give a PSL4 to my mother-in-law and she is dead!

I have three pools that all have IntelliFlo pumps, IC40 SWCGs and EasyTouch systems. I love them... I'd love to have a new IntelliCenter, but there is not much of an advantage for me to upgrade as the EasyTouch does everything I want.

That said, if I were to build a new pool today, it would have the new IntelliCenter. The EasyTouch is black and white alphanumeric system, the IntelliCenter is color with a touch screen. The ET has a max of 12 schedules, the IC has a 100. To use your phone or PC to control your ET, you need ScreenLogic for an additional $500 bucks, the IC has a built in Wi-Fi system at no additional cost. etc., etc.

Relays.. You need a relay for anything you want to control using 120 VAC or 240 VAC, like your Spa blower or pool lights. You need a relay for each light, or set of lights, that you want to independently control. Both the ET and IC use one of the relays as the Pump/Filter relay, so an ET-4 only has 3 control relay, and ET-8 has 7 etc.

Feature Circuits.. You use these to turn valves on and off, and to change speeds on VS pumps.

It is easy for me to spend your money, but if you plan to buy a SWCG, you should get the package that come with a built in SWCG power supply, the salt cell, plus the actuators.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Thanks for the detailed response Jim, I agree that I should just wait to get the easy touch 8 with ic40

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.