What are the absolute worst substances that could be put in?

Better than topsoil. Orange NC Clay. Freshly ground backfill clay. Had just finished backfilling a retaining wall that was 90% complete. I was waiting on another load of brick to finish the wall. I no sooner got out of the Bobcat when a gully washer came and washed all my backfill right in the pool. Talk about a mess. No stains but lots of vac to waste, fill over and over again. It took me days to get it clean. I just wish I had pictues

simicrintz said:
TimS said:
simicrintz said:
Personally, for me, it would be my ex wife :evil:
:twisted: :lol: :twisted:

My first thought was a bag of cement. (Not for the ex-wife, but as the worst thing in the pool. :) Of course, the bag of cement might solve the ex-wife issue also :mrgreen: )

My first thought was that you were on to something, and then I realized not only would she be in the pool, but how would I get her out :shock:
svenpup said:
Do they make a sequestrant for that?
No need for a sequestrant - it would already be in one big clump. Of course, getting it out would take one big, honkin' vacuum, and you'd have to vacuum to waste while you're at it. It would probably be tough to get it to go down the sewer or storm drain, so you'd then have it sitting in the yard. Probably not too much better. Forget I mentioned it. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Had a Webber loaded with steaks veggies potatoes oil etc- and 2-3 days of ashes in the bottom.

Kids- yard apes, over at my crib - running with the hose hooked the grill dragged it in - food ashes everything it was like slow motion hearings the coals steam out and hiss then - nothing as the batch of them hot the water then--- watching the ashes and grease spread out over the surface instantly.

Not the worst thing in the world but crappy timing for sure.

Needless to say the bbq and pool party both ended right there and then.

Uncle Dave

kenmar said:
polyacrylamide copolymer gel
Clorox bleach actually has a small amount of sodium polyacrylate in it used mostly as a metal sequestrant that prevents minerals (mostly iron and manganese) from reacting with bleach and yellowing clothes in the washer. The amount is low enough not to cause problems, but I could imagine a large amount of polyacrylamide copolymer gel thrown into a pool becoming a very large sticky mess!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.