What Am I doing wrong? It could be everything....

Assume a CYA of 50 (instead of 45). You should always maintain a FC of 20 or a tad more. Yes, the number can hold and that is a good sign. What is your CC? Remember keep SLAMMING until:

1) your water is crystal clear
2) your CC is 0.5 or less
3) you pass the OCLT (see pool school)

Preferably in that order...

This morning the FC had dropped to 16. I put some more liquid shock in to bring it up to a minimum of 20. I didn't have time to test the CC. The part that I am most worried about is the filter pressure. Before I tested the water I cleaned my filter grids as the PSI was high. I then started the filter waited 10 mins or so then added the liquid shock. After adding the liquid shock I gave the walls and bottom a quick brush. By the time I had done the the PSI was high again the the stare flow was slow. The pump was running a maximum of 20 minutes. Before I left for work I game the grids another spray off with the hose and start the system again. The grids are getting stuff on them but its not the bad. I will try to get a photo of the dirty grids next time. Here is a picture of the pool taken about 2 hours ago

Went home on my lunch to check on the pool. To my surprise the water was still trickling down the slide but the pool looked like the photo below. I gave the pool a quick brush to try to agitate things and a few minutes later the noise of the pump changed and the trickle of water stopped. I tested the FC and it was at 17 (I'm not sure what it had dropped from as i didn't test after adding the liquid shock this morning). I cleaned the filter grids. This is how dirty they were for the pressure to rise.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.