What a TFP pool looks like when you open it! :)

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Here's a picture of it as I was removing the cover. I don't think that's too bad seeing how it was closed in early November last year.

IMG_20200410_121222264.jpg
I decided to open our pool today. I usually open it near the beginning of March, but delayed it this year for several reasons.
It's been kinda warm here so I figured it wasn't going to be pristine, but what a surprise I got.

The first surprise was when I took a sample of the water. I did it to test the pH and to check the CYA. I just knew that there wouldn't be any FC left, but as a matter of habit I filled the chlorine vial when I filled the pH side. I thought, well this is futile but when I put the 5 drops of R-0014 in I went ahead and put 5 drops of OTO in. To my surprise, after a couple of drops I could see yellow. After 5 drops here's what it looked like. Keep in mind that no FC (bleach) has been added to the pool since early November last year.

IMG_20200410_105717490.jpg

To my surprise the water is pretty clear with only a little dust in the bottom. Now if I could just talk someone into coming over and vacuuming while maintaining social distancing! :)

Now for the test results;
pH = ±8.2
FC = 2 ppm
CC = 0 ppm
TA = 110
CH = zero
CYA = ±20

So I lost some CYA over the winter. It was about 40 last year at closing. Oh, and I need to get a little acid in there!

So yeah, I'm pretty happy!

868FF207-833E-44BC-B9E2-BC203B61C06C.jpeg
just after i pulled the cover off today- we have a storm coming i hope I don’t regret it lol. I closed at around 63 degrees @ slam level - no polyquat. I wonder if I should go up to slam level for good measure? Is that necessary or just a choice?
Fc- 10.5
Cc- 0
Cya - 60
Ph- 7.2
Alk- 70 (i like it @60)
Salt- 2560 on strip

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.