Wet Edge Signature Matrix

MinerJason

Bronze Supporter
Jan 29, 2018
Tucson, AZ
I know it's a relatively new product, but does anyone have experience with Wet Edge Signature Matrix?

A few months ago I was getting estimates for plaster, and asked several of the plaster contractors if they'd be willing/able to blend pebble sizes. From my work experience with concrete products I know that having multiple sizes of aggregate aids in material strength, packing/consolidation, and results in a smoother feeling surface when the aggregate is exposed. Most of them refused to even consider it.

Fast forward a few months, and one of them calls me back to tell me he just learned of a product that was essentially what I'd asked them for, Signature Matrix from Wet Edge. It's a blend of the pearl size and satin size pebbles, and according to the marketing materials it's smoother feeling than using either of the two pebble sizes by itself.

Has anyone here had this installed? If so I'd love to hear about it.

Here's a link to the product page:
http://wetedgetechnologies.com/signature

On a side note, I'd also asked several of the plasterers their thoughts on allowing me to do my own light acid wash and then use a diamond grinder/polisher to smooth out the exposed aggregate before filling/start up. Similar to the CL Industries Hydrazzo product, but using harder more chemically inert materials. The same guy who called me back yesterday admitted that he thought I was a bit crazy when I first asked about this, but he heard from an old co-worker who's now in the Phoenix area that they're doing just what I'd described (same guy is the one who told him about Signature Matrix). His friend said the results have been great so far, and they're calling it a "sand" finish. He said he'd now consider it, and would even give me a significant discount (since they wouldn't need to do the acid wash or start up), but it would of course void the warranty.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.