Wet Edge installation gone bad??

CiscoDylan

May 26, 2020
Florida
Hello folks. I had a certified Wet Edge contractor come out and install Wet Edge Signature Matrix Caribbean in my new pool on 5/24/2020, and it was "acid washed" the very next day. From the very first day, I've been concerned with the light blue streaks and general blotchiness look found throughout the pool. I figured the acid wash the next day would resolve all the areas that are lighter blue and might expose more pebble, but he only spent about 45 minutes here and after he left it looked just as bad. My pool builder insisted that it was time to fill the pool with water (without ever stepping a foot on my property) and said these lighter blue areas would disappear after 30 days with multiple daily brushings. Well 30 days have passed, and I've brushed the pool down 60 times. It still looks like Crud. Especially in the evening when the pumps/filter are off and the pool light exposes all the flaws. My Pool Builder and Wet Edge contractor claims that this is to be expected with the Wet Edge product and have backed away from any responsibility. I'm actively trying to get a Wet Edge rep out on site for their expert opinion. In the meantime. I'm wondering if anybody has seen similar problem and may know if there's a fix? I'm assuming the pool needs to be drained and the lighter blue areas need to be sanded/polished down? Or maybe it needs to be acid washed again? Possibly the first guy just didn't do his job correctly since he only spent 45 minutes with a jug of something and a pressure washer? Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Attaching 5 pics that I took as I was just starting to fill pool up.

Attachments

• we4.jpg
    we4.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 91
  • we5.jpg
    we5.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 87
  • we3.jpg
    we3.jpg
    591.7 KB · Views: 85
  • we2.png
    we2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 87
  • we1.jpg
    we1.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 82
Welcome to TFP.

I know the plaster work did not meet your expectations but it does not look bad. Plaster has some color variations. Yours is very minor compared to others we have seen.

You don't want another acid wash. It will only weaken and reduce the life of your plaster.

No one will see what you are seeing while they are enjoying your pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.