Wet, clumpy CYA

ka8yiu

Gold Supporter
Aug 11, 2016
SW FL
I only use my inline chlorinator if I will be out of town, and to raise my CYA level. With a lot of rain in June, needing to pump out water lowered my CYA to 20.

I was using pucks while gone for a week, but I ran out of them and had to buy stabilizer and add it through a sock.

So, I have my level up to 40 again where I like it, but some of the stabilizer is still in the sock, all wet and clumpy. Is this stabilizer still usable, or should it be trashed?

I would trash it. Compromised chemicals can be hazardous if kept and thus are better to be disposed of.

Take care.

If you are at your intended CYA level, dispose of the left over wet stabilizer.

Next time you need to add some, use PoolMath to calculate the amount needed. This will save $$ by not adding too much and needing to dispose of the left over. If kept dry, in its original container, stabilizer can be safely stored for quite some time.

Oh, okay. I assumed (wrongly) that there was a large quantity left in the sock.

In any case, I'd dispose of it. No use taking a chance of introducing unwanted moisture into the container.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.