Went out of town and restarting the new pool process

Thank you guys so much! I had the SWG running at 100% for 24 hours and the FC is 11! Should I turn it down to 80% and test this evening or turn it down lower than that?

You will not see a change on FC level in a few hours.

I would lower your SWG to 60% and test FC daily and see if it still rising or begins falling. If your FC begins falling then you know your steady state setting for this time of year is between 60% and 90%. Adjust the SWG in 20% increments up or down daily until you find the point where it is holding the same FC daily.

Note that as you get into summer and the days get longer you will probably need to increase the % to maintain your FC level.

Your target FC for CYA 50 is 6-8 so you are not very high. It is safe to swim in up to the shock value of 20. See FC/CYA Levels

Yeah lower overall pump time as long as the surface stays clear or lower swg percentage untill you get your target FC day after day.

I'll repeat a bit what was said above. When summer gets on you will have to turn it up, also when you use the pool more. Keep a jug or 2 of 6% bleach on hand in case you test the fc and it's under the minimum or at the minimum and there's going to be swimming that day. 6% bleach keeps for a long time.

definitely get that salt cell swapped for an IC60. you have a VS pump you should only need 8 hours a day to keep the pool good and save on the electric bill. you only need to run more than that to skim and clean and possibly bump the cell to max and a little longer in the worst of the summer. you have the right setup to save on electric bill the bigger cell is the key

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.