Welp, everything's here

But if we're foiled by the weather, next week looks nice so I'll go out and set pavers, a little at a time. I think we can get Mr Pool set up next weekend! We need our son Patrick to help, so that's why we won't set it up during the week.
This weather has been nuts! We haven't gotten warmer then 60F!

Might make a trip to Wally World this weekend to check out their bleach prices. Also Ingles, a local grocery chain here in the southeast. 6% or 8%, plain ol' bleach, no additives.
  • Chlorine Price Per Ounce Calculator (you can try your zip code & see what others might have reported for cost)
    • Walmart will (should) have:
      • Pool Chlorine 10%/128oz $3.64
      • Great Value Bleach 6%/121oz-128oz $1.77-2.94
    • Ingles has 2 options (from what I can find for weekly flyers)
      • Laura Lynn Bleach, 128 oz, $1.08 (if this is *labeled* as 5.25% or better w/no scents-additives-not splashless-etc, this is a good deal!)
      • Laura Lynn Bleach 94oz $1.98 (unless this is 8.25% or stronger, it's a bad price!)
    • Lowes & Home Depot have decent pool chlorine prices (especially if the dates are newer!)
Hope that helps your search some!

Do you have a pool store near you that sells liquid chlorine? Most of the time is sells at 11%. When my store's chlorine first comes in it is "hot" I have tested it at 15% one time :shock: You will put down a deposit on their jugs and bring them back for refills when needed.

Do what you can do when you can. No need to over do it so you can't enjoy life trying to get it up earlier. :hug:

Kim:kim:

Do you have a pool store near you that sells liquid chlorine?

Not really. We'd have to go about 25 miles to get there. We live in a TINY town -- it's nickname is Mayberry.

Do what you can do when you can.

Yeah, my mantra for this has been take it slow and easy. We're going to do a little, then stop and rest, then do a little, then stop and rest, and so on. There's no rush and we have no deadline to meet.

Got 6 out of 14 pavers set and levelled this morning, will set and level the rest tomorrow. Looks like we're on track to set up the pool next weekend! WE'RE GONNA HAVE A POOL!!!!!

Mike even said he'll get in it "some". I'm hoping he makes it a regular thing to jump in after mowing the lawn or doing other outdoor hot sweaty things! He's just not the water baby I am, I guess. Patrick, our son, plans to get in almost every night. Got to get some solar path lights cause there are no lights around that side of the house...

And I plan to practically LIVE in it!!

Thank you TFP for mentoring every step of the way! Now I need to refresh myself on the TFPC method of balancing my water! Also need to call the City to let them know I'm filling a pool.

:party: have you tested your fill water yet? If not go ahead and do so except don't bother doing the CYA test as it has to be added to water.

Ready to go pool shopping? Here is a list of stuff you will need:
-2 2cup plastic measuring cups that have the oz. listed on the side. One will be for muratic acid and the other will be for everything else
-pool brush
-skimmer net-the flat kind for getting stuff off the top of the water
-leaf net-the one with a pocket kind of net to scoop up stuff when there is a large amount
-vacuum of some sort
-extra filters so you can take out and pop the new one in without losing to much filter time.

I would put valves under the things like the skimmer and return so you can work on the equipment without losing water.

Have you found your best source of chlorine? We will wait on the muraitc acid until later unless your fill water is extra high.

Kim:kim:

Check, I have All The Stuff except two measuring cups. I'll probably use Wally World for bleach, that or the grocery store.

I have a reusable filter Amazon.com : OrcaFilters Reusable Type A Pool filter : Garden & Outdoor OrcaFilters reusable filter. It'll be interesting to see how it works. I've done the disposable filter thing before, not a fan.

Can't wait!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did not get the rest of the pavers set today because it RAINED like the dickens last night and I'm no fan of playing in the mud. Plans are to finish that this week or on Saturday, then set up the pool on Sunday. EXCELSIOR!!

By the way, I've been carefully lifting earthworms out of the way with my garden trowel whilst hubby and son viciously cut them in half with shovel and hoe. How very un-Zen of them...

Did not get the rest of the pavers set today because it RAINED like the dickens last night and I'm no fan of playing in the mud. Plans are to finish that this week or on Saturday, then set up the pool on Sunday. EXCELSIOR!!

By the way, I've been carefully lifting earthworms out of the way with my garden trowel whilst hubby and son viciously cut them in half with shovel and hoe. How very un-Zen of them...
The leaks will come backto bite them later! heeheehee

May or may not get the pool up this weekend -- we have to do it when Patrick (our son) is home on the weekends, and it's supposed to rain like crazy this weekend. Arkansas and east Texas people, what you had this week? NW Georgia is getting this weekend!

Maybe we can get it up before the rain starts Sunday, then take advantage of the free fill from the skies. No rush, though. Splashy, I intend to leave the liner out in the sun for 2 or 3 hours before trying to mess with it. We've been "enjoying" low 80s and HIGH humidity for the past several days. Then cold front next week will drop our temps to low 70s and less humidity next week.

I WANT MY POOL!!!!!

Reactions: splashpad
No pool or pavers this weekend -- it's rained non-stop almost since Friday night. Bah.

Also have a frightening development: all this rain has cut a small gully on one side of where the pool will go, right where one paver will sit! All the others are nice and level within 1/4" or so of each other. This one needs TWO pavers stacked to be level with the others!!!

it's just one little area. What to do?

No pool or pavers this weekend -- it's rained non-stop almost since Friday night. Bah.

Also have a frightening development: all this rain has cut a small gully on one side of where the pool will go, right where one paver will sit! All the others are nice and level within 1/4" or so of each other. This one needs TWO pavers stacked to be level with the others!!!

it's just one little area. What to do?
Better this happened before the pool was on it! So sorry though!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.