Wellpoints in climates that freeze

m1k_3

May 17, 2019
Ottawa
I live in Ottawa Canada on a high water table. We have had an issue with a floating liner. I have been looking into wellpoints as a possible solution. Do pumps in well points connect to a permanent discharge line and do they run all winter? Anybody know of anybody in the Ottawa area that can do a wellpoint for me?

Mine run all winter. When I had them temporarily in i had insulation under a cover and the line a few feet above ground on a Tbar pitched hard to underground line. You drill a hole above check valve at sump so it drains when turns off and line doesn't freeze the groundwater is warm with no draft. I now have them mostly underground how you lay it out depends on your grade. Need a nice round hole alon with clean stone and good filter fabric. Dont forget a stick of 10" PVC.
Sometimes regrading or just getting downspouts and neighbors water away makes a huge difference. Mine was huge improvement when I ran it all underground I even did my neighbors gutters for cost to keep his water away from me

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.