Weird timer/pump/pool sweep issue

emilton

Nov 9, 2020
Dallas
I recently had a new timer installed as my old was faulty and could only be used manually. This was installed a few days ago and set to the times I wanted. Obviously pump comes on then a few hours later the sweep does.

issue is that the sweep doesn’t turn on when it should and when the pump is on (pump works fine). The sweep motor is silent when on alongside the pump.

I tested to see what happened when I turned the pump off but kept the sweep on(I know it won’t work as needs pressure from pump) but turning the pump of manually actually started the sweep motor and it mess making a noise. Obviously with the pump off it doesn’t actually move or clean, but something was on. I flick the pump back on and the sweep goes silent again.
Is this an electrical issue or something else? And can I fix this myself as I shocked my pool to open and have a clear pool with a ton of debris on the floor I can’t get rid off!

Thanks

That's a strange problem and I don't have a guess at this point. But it might help if you were to post a photo of the timer, opened up to show the wiring and with the wiring labeled as to what it is or what you think it should be.

Sorry for delay. Here’s a pic of the wiring as is.
Pump works fine and timer shuts on and off. Still have no power on sweep manually. 46C90A44-6E85-42BC-BC66-BC34463EAFCC.jpeg03B62DA0-854F-4DB5-9832-312A3E9520B4.jpeg44B06948-0756-4965-A30B-FF0F7B85CE72.jpegI’m interested if there is anything glaring here that I can fix or if I need to call out someone to look in person. I’d just rather fix myself if I can!

For some reason, I just stumbled on this old thread. Did you figure it out? The left hand timer has On and Off trigger pins (I don't know the actual name) but the right-hand timer is missing them. It needs them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.