Weighing down pool cleaner cord...

Apr 20, 2017
Phoenix
This might be a unique request, but I’m looking to see anyone knows of a weight you can add to the cord of a pool robot cleaner that will force the excess cord to go under the surface of the water?

The reason I’m asking is because when the excess cord floats on the top it attracts leaves on the top of the water and traps them from going to the skimmer.

I obviously don’t want a weight that’s heavy enough to bring cord to bottom since robot is cleaning, I just want majority of the cord to stay suspended under water.

Interesting idea. I have never noticed that with my robot but we do not have many leaves from the desert plants in our area.

This bump will help others see your post.

I have the same issue right now with crepe myrtle flower petals. While they are pretty, they do gather on the cord. If I resolve my 'robot flips over' issue, maybe some fishing weights added in a few spots would work. Use a swivel and tie it to the cord with mono-filament.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.